Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Food Crisis!

Looking for advice I write regarding Jackson's lack of desire in baby food. Typically when he is sick, his appetite decreases - I am hoping this is the problem and it won't last. But, just in case, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I get this boy to eat enough "good" stuff during the day?

5 comments:

Snow Crew said...

I read that cutting back on juices and too much milk can help them eat better at meal time. That may be for older children though. Check how many oz. he drinks each day. I WAY over fed CAnnon on milk. If it is any consolation, he looks perfect to me! Good luck

Snow Crew said...

scratch that- I just re-read your earlier post. Looks like milk isn't the issue! There goes all my precious wisdom!

RachelAA said...

I thought I was feeding him too much too, I had just started cutting down when I was told that I wasn't feeding him enough. I was feeding him 20oz. of milk a day and two or three oz. of juice. Then I started working our way down to 17 and it turns out I should be giving him 25 :( Grrrr!

RachelAA said...

hahaha we posted at the same time :) So what else do you have?? Any types of food you suggest? Hey what time is it for you right now?

Ashleigh said...

Kai's doctor said that they will eat as much as they need to and sometimes that means 3 peas and 2 goldfish for dinner- I think this in regards to growth spurts and pauses etc. Maybe that is for when they are a bit older than Jackson though. Emergency foods that worked with Kai were appleasuce, whipped yogurt or yobaby, couscous, sweet potatoes, those hard baby bread sticks, baby puffs, etc. We struggle with this sometimes too.