Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

Saturday Morning:
Primary Egg Hunt - It went so well which was a huge relief because I had multiple nightmares about this activity.  I was afraid no one would show up, or too many would and we'd run out of eggs, or food, or space.  I am a wreck whenever I am in charge of anything.  BUT, everyone had fun and Laura gave a great lesson after the hunt to remind the kids of the true meaning of Easter.
This is a "classic" Easter Bunny picture!
Saturday Afternoon
Dad's Birthday - We headed to Acton to celebrate my father's 51st birthday with family, yes that includes Tom, and some yummy carne asada.
This was also a good opportunity for my parent's to give the kids their Easter Buckets.  They were super excited over every item in there so I guess I'll let them enjoy those stuffed animals for a spell (before I toss 'em!).  Andi was of course in heaven with all her lip gloss and she would not take grandpa's "no" for an answer when she asked to put some on him.  Duh, she wins every time.
Saturday Evening
Softball - From the party we arrived, LATE, to Andrew's game.  I was shocked that first he was willing to miss it for my dad's party, and second that when we decided to go, he wasn't freaking out we were late.  Cole was entertained for some time before he realized all the others kids were playing without him.  I so wish this kid would walk!
Saturday Bedtime
The kids had to snuggle of with their new cuddles but Jackson of course had to organize all of his animals together.  That kid cracks me up.  I especially love how he sometimes pulls Cole's bed closer to his own bed so that they can comfort one another.  (Jackson hates it when he goes to bed and Cole's passed out already).
Sunday Morning - EASTER
Buckets - Jackson came into our room in tears because he thought the Easter Bunny had forgotten him.  The fact is, the Easter Bunny wanted to be lazy this year, but luckily decided it wasn't wise.  BUT, the Easter Bunny knew mom and dad weren't going to get up before the kids so the bunny left the goodies in our room so they weren't attacked before we got out of bed.  This is why Jackson missed them and thought he was forgotten.  Once everyone was awake Jackson brought Cole into our room and they went at 'em.  They LOVED checking out all the stuff and seeing what they could share with one another.  I think this is the third year the Easter Bunny has brought them new bathing suits.  They got so excited because they truly love the pool and the beach.  Andi was excited that hers is like Allies!  The kids also got to open their package from Gramma Nette and Papa which just so happened to also have beach attire!  The kids also loved their chapstick.
Jackson's expressions are priceless!
Sunday midmorning
Church - That morning I had a meeting as usual and Andi and I were the only ones ready.  The goal was to get a family picture after church, but in our rush to Riverside, that never happened :(  Church was great though and I am so grateful for how well behaved the Primary children were.  We were able to really discuss Easter and the importance of the Resurrection.  What a relief because again, I had nightmares.  I was also grateful by all the love I was shown at church - I am in a position where I can't please everyone and for my personality, that is quite discouraging.  But so many reached out on Sunday and I even received beautiful flowers.  I love leaving church feeling uplifted and positive.
 Sunday Evening
Rob & Sharon's - We made it to Riverside at about 5pm and went straight for the food.  We were starving at this point and so very grateful for all that was still left.  About half the family didn't make it this year which was a bummer because we rarely get together but despite that, we really enjoyed the relaxing evening we had with everyone that could make it.  It was nice to really be able to chat and catch up.
The kids were so spoiled as they received Easter goodies from Rob, Sharon, Sherry, and the hunt.  I can't even tell you the mess I had to clean up Monday morning.  I think Easter did more damage than last Halloween.
 Sunday Late Evening
It was a long drive home and the kids were cold and cranky (I think the heater is broken in the back).  But we were grateful for the day, grateful for the knowledge of our Savior, thankful that we all made it home safely - especially grandma.  When was the last time she drove???

6 comments:

fran said...

Oh my gosh, the picture of you and Andy is ADORABLE!

EP said...

That is so funny about Jackson needing his little brother to sleep by! Jaden is the same way. In fact, his bed is awkwardly placed in his room, just so that it can be touching Dallin's at night. And Dallin can't settle down until Jaden is in there with him. Brothers!

Jenn said...

you look GORGEOUS!!! (your littles are pretty gorgeous too!)

Traci said...

I love that you had a Easter Bunny at your egg hunt and his expression looks almost as scared as Cole's. :)

Traci said...

Oh and I love the picture of you and Andy too!

d said...

You and Andi are total babes! You planned some amazing activities and they are lucky to have you as te president!
P.s. my igoogle doesn't show me when u have updated the blog so when I do manually check it I have so much to catch up on! Your life is so fun and busy!