Monday, December 15, 2008

Big Boys





I wanted bunk beds and so my dad made that happen - now I am not so sure about it all!! He found the crib, the bottom part, on the side of the road. It's in great shape and it looked ideal for the transformation I have been dreaming of. So once we got home from camping, literally about ten minutes after, my dad came over to build the boys a new bed. SUCH A SPACE SAVER, but a little much on my nerves. Jackson has had night terrors for the past couple of weeks - NO MORE!! Maybe he feels safer in his "way tall bed", but he loves going to bed again and has no problem sleeping. So the top part was his original bed but the black part is from Ryan's old crib, Andi's new crib. We just stuck it there to calm my nerves, there will be railing added very soon so I can rest better! I thought about painting it black to keep with my colors, but I am SO lazy these days and the beds match one another perfectly, I just don't see that happening any time soon!
So now that Ryan is part of the abig boy bed, he needs to try to start walking - it didn't last long, but it was cute to see a few steps!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

oh my gosh! What an invention with the bunkbed!! Don't think I could rest either!

Anonymous said...

I bet it's quite the space saver! It's a great invention and even better if Jackson likes it. Hope you guys figure out the railing, I can see why you would be nervous.