Monday, December 15, 2008

Joshua Tree Adventure

Oh my goodness I don't know where to begin. After spending a life time uploading all these photos, I am exhausted! Joshua Tree was planned my our future UNCLE BEN months ago! We have been so anxious for it's arrival and we were stoked when last weekend finally came around. Well, for the most part - but I'll get there in a second.
We did our best to get there before dark, but it didn't happen. We, well they, all set up their tents as the sun set. It became cold quickly and so it was time to bundle up and sit by the fire. Jackson was SO excited to be camping and Ryan, well I am not too sure he was a fan.





























Annette bought some bizarre musical instruments - some more amusing than others. Did you know some people have a musically talented nose?

Well when the wind REALLY kicked up and the temperature dropped, it was time for me to split. I was so lucky to have found out one of our resorts from our timeshare wasn't too far away - about an hour. Our points expire at the end of this month and we had 31 left - my room, 30 points. Paige was awesome enough to come with me to help out with Ryan. We were off to a place with running water so I could make my frequent night visits to the bathroom without have to leave a tent and walk in the dark, freezing night on my own - can you imagine that about five times during the night!?!?!?!? When we got there, we decided to go in the jacuzzi and Ryan was STOKED!!





The next morning after, after breakfast of course (Andi is hungry very early in the morning!), we headed back to Joshua Tree - we faced rain and a rainbow and knew there would be quite a day in store. As soon as we got to our campsite, we had to jump in the car with everyone because they were headed to a guided hike. My shoes were tight and I am large, but I wanted to try it out. I was shocked to realize it wasn't that bad, but the wind brought up back early. Jackson hadn't had much sleep since Thursday night, so his lack of sleep in the tent and then the wind AND it being nap time, he was done and wanted to go to Papa's car. So we did. Ryan on the other hand stayed on the hike in Aunt Tori's jacket.

Following the hike we went to have a picnic - again the wind was not pleasing to the boys and so we ate in the car. Once the food was gone and all enjoyed some rock climbing, we headed back to camp where it all took an unexpected turn....

THE TENTS WERE DESTROYED! Not one tent was able to endure the winds - they were all destroyed. The Anderson's tent was ripped from the stakes! This put everyone in a mad rush to pack up and head home. It was sad that it ended the way it did because it had been something we all looked forward to - BUT there is no doubt that we will try it again - but I think in the SPRING :)

2 comments:

Shay said...

That was quite the adventure! It was so fun though!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun experience. You are so brave, I can only imagine how cold it was. Very smart of you not to spend the night there.