Just before all got ill, Cole had just got on schedule. If he fought a nap, a few minutes crying it out is all it took for him to knock out. His 9am nap was an hour, his noon nap was two or three; things were looking good. But the illnesses messed us all up.
When he first started to fight it all, I quickly gave in because I wanted to hold him. I felt bad. But then, when I started to get overwhelmed with all that needed to be done and the amount of time I was stuck on the couch, I tried to let him cry it out and he wasn't haven't it. In the bottom-right picture, his head is one big ball of sweat! Seriously, the kid was soaked.
The others were struggling as well. So if we weren't holding Cole, we were cuddling with one, two or all three of them. Everyone needed attention and we needed a break - but that wasn't going to happen because how do you leave your kids when they need you the most?
But I was struggling - I was struggling big time. I was at my wits ends and didn't know how I would make it through the day. GROUCHY, that's really all I can say. I am thankful though that my kids don't seem to hold a grudge.
But I was struggling - I was struggling big time. I was at my wits ends and didn't know how I would make it through the day. GROUCHY, that's really all I can say. I am thankful though that my kids don't seem to hold a grudge.
With Cole, we tried everything: formula, his crib, boppy time, tummy time, crying out, swing time, outside time - everything. Some things helped, some things made no difference and really, I now know it was time him trying to adjust all over again. In his 5 short weeks, he had been poked and prodded so much, who could blame him for being grumpy?
But now, things are getting back to normal. This morning we even headed out to boot camp for the first time - he slept all the way through until 10am hit, time to eat! He's doing OK during awake time and he's doing better sleeping on his own. In fact, right this very minute, he's knocked out in bed after crying for maybe only five or ten minutes and he should stay there until about 2pm. WAHOO!
But, other than that, not much has been going on. Which is probably because we've been too exhausted or sick to do anything. Actually, I have to say I feel pretty lucky that I'm the only one that didn't get sick.
One highlight of my week was going out to lunch with Becky. I needed to get away and I am so glad I did. Then to top it off, she brought a gift for Cole and "the others". I was way excited for the burp cloths because I have maybe TWO. Yep, that's it. And the kids were way stoked for their suckers!
Now that Cole is using more of the "baby gear", we have stuff all over the place. Andi is reliving her "youth" if you will.
How do you spell TROUBLE.... Ryan & Andi. I can't keep these two off the counter here. I am so nervous that one day they're totally going to eat it. Let's hope not because I am sure this tile will not make for a friendly encounter!
And last but not least, t-ball. This week Jackson was able to try out pitcher. I think he enjoyed it because it gave him constant action. He did really well but could have done better if he didn't insist on lifting his leg before each throw to first. That really slowed down the flow of the play but I am glad he was doing well stopping it and making the throw to first.
OK, that just about sums up our random, nonproductive week... well, aside from my dad turning FIFTY. But, that earns a post all of it's own!







3 comments:
You are so good with babies! Getting him on a schedule so young...you go girl! Cameron is on a schedule, but I am not doing as well as you!
I love you guys! You are amazing Rach! Hope you guys have a great week!
I too am glad my kids never hold grudges against me on my bad days. Thank goodness for that!!!
Post a Comment