Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Friend Egg Hunt

Man I feel lame - I pouted like a baby (that's what we always tell the kids) and then happened to have a fabulous day.  Kids napped, I read and sun bathed.  When all awoke, we headed out to swim with friends.  Andi didn't want to go at first but man, can you tell she changed her mind!?!?
 After swimming we came home to help Andrew finish getting the desserts ready.  I hope you appreciate the centerpiece among the cupcakes - he was frantically trying to find our Easter stuff because there was a hole. When he couldn't find anything, he decided to take flowers from the front and dig up some grass just to make the cupcakes "a little more festive".  Interesting, huh!  Oh, and a new twist on nests - I thought today, yum, chocolate covered pretzels.  Divine.
Fran had us all over for dinner and believe me, I enjoyed every bite.  The men were then sent to the park to hide all the eggs - the kids were so very excited and it again reminded me of how much more enjoyable holidays are through the eyes of children. 


And they're off.... seriously they all had so much fun.  I was shocked Jackson didn't hoard too many, Ryan didn't whine or cry, and Andi didn't suffocate Kenna.  It was a good hunt for everyone.
Mr. Cole especially enjoyed any free handouts he could get.  And of course his BFF, Fran, gave him the good stuff when she realized his parents gave him empty eggs.  Yes, love at first sight for this little man. 
 The Loot!  (Cole, back off!)
When we got in the car the kids couldn't stop talking about how much they love their friends.  Andi said, "My friends hug me; Kenna hugged me."  Yesterday and today they keep mentioning how it's just "a great day".  I am happy they are so happy.  There's nothing better than knowing your kids are truly loved by those around them.  

1 comment:

Traci said...

Looks like you had a fun filled day. Love the cupcakes! Your kids are so cute with their eggs.