Tuesday, May 01, 2012

After flaking out on Ryan's Spring Performance, I figured we'd all head out and join him for his field trip on Thursday.  It really is cute watching Ryan in these settings because it's so different from our first experiences; our experiences with Jackson.  Ryan is much more of an observer and he's so patient and kind.
Today my park date was cancelled because of crappy weather... it was just a few days ago that we enjoyed a gorgeous day at the park.  Go figure.  This weather is really messing with us these days.
*All photos are compliments of my children
Cole got his first busted lip - yep, we're there.  Funny thing is he did it again today.  We are dying for this child to walk.  Tomorrow is will be 14 months which is the age in which Ryan walked.  Yep, Cole will be our latest walker which is so odd because we thought for sure he would be motivated to walk early to play with all the others.  Guess not.
This weekend we received a surprise visit from Papa, Cosmo, dad.  The kids were pretty excited to see him and he seemed pretty excited to see them.  Saturday he, Andrew and Curtis loaded up more of their stuff from the Acton house but that evening we had the chance to all go out to Bucca's despite all the work and stress Richard dealt with this weekend.  We were so glad he was up for going out because it really did work out well for our family although I think Curtis wanted to knock out the obnoxious chick behind him.  No joke, this girl had no inside voice!  This being our second time at Bucca's, we have decided that our favorite is the pizza.
After dinner papa treated everyone to a cookie.  Nestle, Tollhouse... any seen that Friends episode???
Being the 5th Sunday of the month, I didn't have to go to a meeting - wahoo!  This made for a fairly relaxing morning; that was until noon hit and bam, it was like 9am church all over again.

Monday, yes I'm almost done, we actually made it to music class.  Turns out, Andi's really into acting out the songs - Ryan, not so much.  Michalle was in charge of story time and she did an ABC book.  Apparently Andi really enjoyed that one because last night she shared her song with us (mind you, she did it almost perfectly before I whipped out the camera - bit of stage fright I'm afraid).
Way to go Michalle, you taught my daughter her "letters" now!
At school Fran began working on a teacher appreciation gift for Mrs. Evans.  The early stages of this gift resulted in a handsome little picture.
With Monday also came some rearranging - I was so happy to come home and see that Andrew had cleaned the house while we were gone (first time ever maybe) and so I was able to organize and launder.  I moved the kids' desk into Jackson's room and he loved it.  He cleaned him room last night before bed, then cleaned it up this morning before school.  All this kid needs is a bit of a change to get the drive for cleanliness. 
 Today he decided this desk was now his office.  When I first "arrived", it was closed.
When he realized he had company, he decided to "open". 
Yes, when you work in an office you must wear a tie.
When we arrived, Jackson asked us what we would like him to do.  To which Andrew replied, "Draw up some plans for a barn style house."  Jackson's ability to be able to pull this off is 100% from Andrew.
Today while I folded, he made a fish bowl.  Jackson found some stones in my craft cupboard, made some fish and taped them to dangle in the "fish tank".
Upon arriving home from school (thanks, Jen), Jackson wanted to wake up Cole so that he could do his "work".  Once Cole woke up on his own, Jackson went in and began updating his calendar.
Just to make sure his office is not disturbed, Jackson set up another office for Andi and Ryan in THEIR room.
Ok, off to the Scouts Pinewood Derby.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I absolutely LOVE Jackson's office!!!!!! This age is amazing! How they can take one small idea and then creatively act on it is incredible! Oh and glad all of you enjoyed your 'Nest-lay Toolhouz" cookies!! :D

mlauricella said...

This is fun! I like it all. The kids are really becoming their own little people. Glad she liked the ABCs, Allie sings it now too, and hits her legs for Chika Boom Boom, mind you we have been reading this book for a long time now, every night. And she just now showed interest. I think mob mentality works well for kids!

fran said...

lol I love their imagination! Tell Andi great job on the ABC's for me :)

EP said...

I love Jackson's haircut... still wish I could figure out how to do it with Jaden's head.

d said...

Check out that office, you are going to have to start giving him a paycheck!