Sunday, May 20, 2012

Busy Weekend

Thursday night I had card night which was a late one but so much yummy fun!  (Masculine... but you knew that, right?)
Annette and Richard came to Cali to work on their house and so Friday night they came over to do dinner.  We headed to Bucca Di Bepo again because the pizza is divine and the atmosphere is easy.  Ryan was in a silly mood and wanted to make funny faces (yes, I edited).  Andi then wanted to join in but she wasn't nearly as creative as he.  Jackson was in heaven downing all the pizza and pasta he could get his hands on.  Cole too, I suppose :)  I loved how he kept throwing his head back in delight.
Saturday morning Andrew quickly began work on the pavers in hopes to get it mostly done for Jackson's "play date" for his birthday.  (Not really a party because we're lazy like that but a gathering if you will of his closest friends)
Because I have a totally awesome husband, this is what was going on when I left the house for Tina's birthday celebration.... The beach, without kids, a beautiful Saturday afternoon, food, food and more food, good convo and laughs.
Did I mention the food?  Lauren made us all a delicious sandwich - no really, mouth watering.
 Happy Birthday, Tina - here's to an amazing year with loads of fun because let's face it, it's always a good time when we get together.
Heaven on Earth had a few downfalls... one being Michalle didn't get there until I was on my way home.  Two being that I had to leave early (but that was ok because it was for a very good reason).  Three, being that I wasn't dealing with children, I actually had the chance to lie down and read for nearly the entire time... the bad part you ask, well I'm not used to putting sunscreen on my back side and let me tell you, the drive home was very uncomfortable.  Sitting here now is VERY uncomfortable.
But, why did I leave?  I left because yesterday afternoon my dear, dear friend Fran, was blessed enough to have her oldest daughter choose to get baptized.  Jessica really is amazing and I just love talking with her and laughing with her.  She's gorgeous in every way.  Congrats to the Milhoan family!
I showed up sandy and burned, but I'm glad I was there.  I was also glad to get home and let down my hair and apply loads and loads of aloe.
As for today, today is the biggest day of all because today, my firstborn, turns SIX YEARS OLD!  The timing is funny because when I was on my way to the beach yesterday, I of course passed Pepperdine and there was a graduation happening.  
I've graduated twice in Alumni Park and there memories that came rushing back were overwhelming.  It especially made me miss all our friends that have spread out further than we would have liked.  So much has happened over the years and though I envied the emotions and exhilaration of those graduates, I feel so blessed to be where I am now and to be a mother of one of the most amazing little boys I know.
To be continued...

2 comments:

EP said...

I love how your kids are sitting there in their pj's watching Andrew do all the hard work!

Summerhays Family said...

the Beach trip looked like fun! Beach plus girl time equals FUN!