One day last week we made our way over to our friend's house. This was the first time I had attempted to "exercise" in about a week and it killed me. My lungs were dying especially when Andi decided five houses was enough and she ready to abandon her scooter and join the others on the stroller.
It was so nice to be able to hang out with Jenni and the kids and it was such a simple outing which is just what I like these days. The only problem was Jackson's allergies acted up from the cats and dogs - this boy seems to be getting more and more sensitive and I realize I need to get his epipen refilled. I'm also going to request more bloodwork when he has his 6 year well check. But after some benadryl, he was good to go. On our way home we passed four little plastic chairs - well, remember my lungs?? I was not going to add more weight, albeit two pounds or so, to the weight I was already pushing. I told Jackson he could have them if he carried them all the way home... he did it! He shifted the chairs many different time but he never complained and he never gave up. This determination I know will reward him in the future. Psh, I think he felt rewarded when he got to set them up for FHE that night.
Cole has now joined us at the table - it has been driving u crazy that his booster/tray wouldn't slide up under the table and so he was always a bit distant. I finally splurged and got him a new booster which now allows him to scoot in at the table. He loves it but I'm not sure my table does (he is obsesses, like Andi was, with my protein shakes in the morning).
When Nikki suggested MM after school Friday, I wasn't so sure I'd muster up the energy to join them all. We had two activities we had to attend that evening and I have been so tired lately, but with Andrew being available and the weather just gorgeous, we decided to take the kids for the first time. They were ecstatic. There's nothing better than living through the excitement and pure joy children bring to an outing.
My little man is just that, the "man" of the house. He immediately takes charge to figure out where we're going and what we're going to do. It made me smile to see him so excited especially because he had just given me the card he made at school:
"Dear mom I like your meals. i like when uyu lay (I promise he uses "lie" when he speaks it) down with me. I like the places u take me. Love Jackson"
"Dear mom I like your meals. i like when uyu lay (I promise he uses "lie" when he speaks it) down with me. I like the places u take me. Love Jackson"
We ultimately followed Nikki but Jackson doesn't know that :) She took us to the play place with a ton of balls... oh man was Cole in heaven!
Jackson is not much of a thrill seeker. Ryan is down the middle and Andi is a go getter. She had so much fun hanging out with Jessica and everyone else while venturing onto any ride available. Jackson was hesitant; brave but cautious. Ryan would try it out or sit out depending on the ride but was always content. Cole did not like the airplane ride but he of course loved the juice and snacks he was given.
All week I have been trying to figure out how to install a splash pad in my backyard. Then we stumble upon one at Magic Mountain and it reinforced just how awesome it would be to have one. Turns out it's about $3k and it's so not going to happen :( But seriously, check out how excited Cole is. Or better yet, how excited they ALL are.
It really was a nice way to end the week and I am grateful it was possible. I'm also grateful my husband was around to experience the kids' first time there. I love that his family, his children, are his number one priority. There was plenty that needed to be done for work but he recognized that this was something he wouldn't want to miss. He loves sharing in the kids' joy and for that I am truly grateful.
We left the park at about 5pm and chose to ate outside the gates of overpriced and expensive dining. We haven't been out, just the six of us, in a long time and it truly felt like a Friday again. Does that make sense? TGIF... as a mom with young children that TGIF just doesn't have the same joy but this past week it did. From there we had to run an errand and then they all dropped me off at the Stake Center for an Activity Day girl's activity. This activity was to address modesty and standards for 8-11 year old girls. It's insane it has to be discussed at such a young age but I know it's necessary. The age at which girls begin eating disorders is mind boggling! But then I think about it and I was 13/14 when I struggled with my body image. So sad the perception the world gives on what our bodies should be. Disgusting, really.
Andrew and the kids were supposed to go to Bishop Eddy's farewell from there, but it was too late and the kids were too sleepy. Sad thing was my friend's son broke his arm shortly after they arrived at the park. Man, life truly is crazy.
Totally unrelated... Jackson's favorite color is orange. Green is second. Crazy. I believe green has been THE favorite for a couple years now. He's growing up :)
Andrew and the kids were supposed to go to Bishop Eddy's farewell from there, but it was too late and the kids were too sleepy. Sad thing was my friend's son broke his arm shortly after they arrived at the park. Man, life truly is crazy.
Totally unrelated... Jackson's favorite color is orange. Green is second. Crazy. I believe green has been THE favorite for a couple years now. He's growing up :)










1 comment:
Once again just Jealous of the fun you guys have!
Post a Comment