Now that we have family out of state, we had to start a little earlier in preparing for this holiday. The kids and I worked on some cards for the grandmas which I think turned out to be more fun for the kids than for the recipients.
Then I got everyone together to take a picture for Annette. Jackson was so reluctant to take a picture with his shirt off because he didn't want gramma nette laughing at him. He is very modest these days and doesn't quite get it he has nipples, not boobs.
Saturday Andrew had a couple softball games so I wanted to get away for a bit before venturing off to the fields. As I was pulling away Andrew called me asking if I wanted "help". Andi had run inside and quickly changed out of her bathing suit and into an outfit so she could come with me. It wasn't what I had in mind but it was nice having time with my little girl.
I returned home a couple hours later and we all headed out to the fields. I am looking forward to these games more so next year, or better yet the year after. There's no enjoying the game when you have four little ones wanting to play at a busy park. But they did well listening and staying together which I am so very grateful.
Sunday, actual Mother's Day, my day began unofficially at 5am then again, officially, at 7am when all came onto my bed with breakfast. Oh man I was not ready to get up and eat. We lounged most of the morning until a slight Primary mishap was brought to my attention at about 9:45am at which point I went into crazy mode. I hauled booty to my 11am meeting only to discover I was the first one there. At church I was overwhelmed with the love and appreciation from others. In sacrament the Bishop presented myself and the other presidents with a set of flowers and a speech of gratitude. Oh man, go figure this would happen on the day where just an hour before I had called him out on something in our morning meeting. Haha, good timing :)
From church we headed to Acton to celebrate with my mom. The kids were in heaven, as they always are out there. And now that the jacuzzi is working it's even better. In fact yesterday Jackson asked if we could go visit them again.
When I think about my teenage years, I think about my mom sitting in the jacuzzi with her hands in the air so she didn't mess up her nails. I think this picture is perfect because she's in her favorite place (well maybe her favorite would be a jacuzzi in Utah) with her favorite little people.
I am so grateful for these little characters in my life. They teach me valuable lessons each and every day and I hope and pray I do all I can to raise them to love God and their family and to always remember what's most important.
My mom and I were given the gift of "relaxation". We had the chance to go together to Glen Ivy and waste away the day in the sun, pool, jacuzzi and massage table. It really is quite a way to spend the day and an even better way to spend Mother's Day. I am grateful for my mom and all she does and all that she is. And to add to it, she's a fabulous grandma. Cheers - to us!
*The best part about being a mom is hearing the way they think:
Me: "You can't ride in Ryan's car seat because you're not heavy enough and it's dangerous"
Andi: "But look, I fit" (yes, we drove to Pinetree and I didn't even realize she wasn't in her seat but instead in Ryan's)
Me: "No, the policeman wouldn't be very happy about that. If we got in an accident, you would fly out of the car!"
Andi: "No I wouldn't, mama, I don't have wings!"










6 comments:
LOVE that last picture. Aaron saw it on FB and asked how much weight you had lost. Love you tons!
Hahahah Andi cracks me up! Umm and why does dad have a shirt on???? I'm glad mother's day was great for you and I'm happy you were recognized in sacrament, you are a blessing to those kids and people need to express that more often oxoxoxox
The kids are looking so grown up and cute. And you look fabulous!!! That last picture is so pretty. Share more about what you are doing again sometime.
Happy Mother's Day gorgeous girl. I really hate that my updated blogs list never shows when you update your blog! I have a lot to catch up on. I am with everyone else, you look awesome. Such a thing little thing!
BTW I love all the pictures, my favorite is the one of you and the four kids. In the other one, I am wondering why Jackson had to take off his shirt but Andrew didn't?
Andrew's just so humble :)
Post a Comment