Wednesday, January 09, 2013

My Sidekick


As I type this, you, little pill, are sitting on my lap.  Sunday I took and nap and when I awoke, dad pointed out something to me.  He said as I slept, you hovered over me.  You would check on me, look at me, and play by me.  I, being asleep, paid you no attention and yet you continued to come back.  Yesterday I really saw just how true this was once I really paid attention.  I was working on the computer and as I stepped up over you to go help one of the other kids, I realized, yes, I was stepping over you as you played at my feet.

The fact is, there's something about you, Cole.  We just adore you and yet you're so stinken' exhausting.  We often talk about how much you do at such a young age and it's fascinating.  You know how to communicate your wants and desires very well and you have more quite some time.  You can help clean up, open the doors, snap your seat belt, get up and down from the table and always keep up with the others kids.  Your sentences are fabulous and we so appreciate this because it makes it a lot easier when we don't have to guess as to what it is you want.  The other night dad and I were talking about how much you look and act like Jackson but unlike Jackson, you have this zest for life and a lack of fear.  We feel you are very much like your late Uncle Wes.  I'm pretty sure nothing will get in your way of accomplishing your goals and touching the lives of those around you.  So thank you, thank you for choosing to be my little buddy, for now.  I do hope we can maintain our friendship throughout your life because you sure are a lot of fun.

1 comment:

fran said...

hahaha I love his cheese smile!