![]() |
| Not a Mother's Day weekend photo, but a photo that warms this mother's heart nonetheless. |
Friday the kids played well despite the fact that Jackson wasn't feeling himself. We were worried he was going to have to skip out on the father son campout but relieved when he seemed to improve after multiple breathing treatments.
**I'll have to get the pictures from Andrew later, but needless to say, all went well. Yes, Andrew took all three boys and they loved it. They had no desire to go on the boats they were content simply sitting up on the beach digging and playing. Well, Ryan had an interest in the boat but for various reasons he didn't get to ride. Grateful for an understanding child!
While the boys were gone, we had a "girls night" with grandma shopping. Ok, we will grandpa grandpa tag along, too. This made Andi very happy considering after my farewells with the boys, I had a tough time even finding Andi because she was hiding in a ball on the chair in the front room crying. Two seconds and she was already missing the boys. But we did have a lot of fun Friday night and Saturday morning but hello, she could so not be an only child. Geez I was beat!!!
But what was way cool Friday night, was my parents and Bri went in together on my Mother's Day gift and got me a phone and data package. HELLO - I am now just as cool as every other teenager! Woot woot.
But what was way cool Friday night, was my parents and Bri went in together on my Mother's Day gift and got me a phone and data package. HELLO - I am now just as cool as every other teenager! Woot woot.
She kept me company in my bed but when the sun peeked into my room at 6:40am, she told me it was morning and time to get up. Ugh!
Because we didn't have any steak, she settled for oatmeal for breakfast in bed.
And then of course donuts for brunch. Mmmm, Fosters! Don't worry, the dozen was with the intent of feeding the boys, too.
She of course had to model the dress and shoes grandma got her the night before. And then of course had to throw a fit when I made her take it off so it didn't get messed up before church the next day.
As soon as the boys got home, I hugged them all... wait, no I didn't, they hadn't showered yet... I put on my shoes and headed out for a run. Yes, it was close to 100 degrees outside but it was still liberating. On my way I found this free play set and am still waiting to hear if dad's up for the challenge of taking it down and reassembling it.
The boys went to bed close to 10pm the night before so they lounged in my bed instead of going to Andrew's softball game. This I did not mind considering it was still so bleaming hot outside!
How sweet of their teachers, preschool and primary, for the time and energy they put into the Mother's Day gifts. LOVE THEM!
![]() |
| CTR 6 Mother's Day craft party |
During Andrew's game, I packed up the kids and took them to Acton for the night. Andrew and I snuck away to dinner (thanks, Dad), and a movie. Oh, and some wandering of the mall, too. Andrew bought my Mother's Day gift - a pillow from Brookstone I've been wanting for about six months. It was such a nice night we didn't want it to end. The problem was, after the 9:40pm movie, we were way too sleepy to let the night continue. We hope to fit in more dates soon.
Sunday was full of such great meetings. Truly uplifting and delicious. The men sang in sacrament which is always a powerful thing and then they fed us during Relief Society. I would kill for a BLT and chocolate cookie right about now! But how is it that I have three kids in Primary and only received one of these ice creams? Hmmm...
So grateful for these awesome mama's in my life but even more so in my children's lives.
After church we ran home to change and grab some things before heading to Acton. It was a great afternoon where we ate, and chatted, and biked, and died... well, I almost died. Acton kicked my butt forcing us to rush home at about 6pm maybe so I could take a couple benadryl and pass out.
So grateful these kids have their grandma shopping.
Feeling awful Monday morning, I bailed out on boot camp but took a walk instead. Kicked my butt but felt good to get out and work off that toffee trifle!
I'm grateful to be a mom and to have amazing moms in my life. Till next year!
















3 comments:
Im in love with all these pictures....The one that is super adorable is you with the kids for mothers day....ahhhhhh love love love!
You are an amazing mom and I am so glad you got to celebrate.
YOU are a great mother. You.
Post a Comment