Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back to Routine

Life is good.  Routine is good.  Distance is good.  Structure is good.  Socializing is good.  Exercise is good.  And yes, even homework, is good.
We have all enjoyed being back in school and I am grateful it is unanimous.  Although, I have to say, Cole has some rough mornings when, with backpack in tow, he too can not stay at school.

Last Saturday grandma shopping treated us to Rattlers for dinner which was perfect considering Andrew, our cook, was gone working, again.  Can you tell Andi enjoyed her meals and all those around her!?!?

RS Stake Craft Activity - some good stuff this year.  Now if only we could get some Fall weather ASAP

This girl was beyond herself the first day of school.  She was over the moon to see her teachers and friends again.



Poor boy just wants to go to school.  He is that little one that often has his backpack with him when we do drop offs or pick ups - this is a first for us.
A sweet friend offered to have us all come over and pick some apples from her tree.  These have been heavenly to have as they are truly the best snack for the kids.

Tuesday morning picnic - I swear we do feed our kids.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Michalle.  We headed to Santa Monica, mid week, just to hang out and wander aimlessly kid free.  It was such a nice treat that made me wonder why Andrew and I haven't gone on a date there.  I mean really, it took maybe ten minutes longer to get there than it does to get to Valencia!  And yes, Jenna and I are cuddled up on our romantic date on the ferris wheel!
Funny thing about this evening is it resulted in a surprise text the very next morning from Kelsey.  She told me someone anonymously paid for a cut and color for me and she was ready to schedule my appointment.  I'm pretty sure I know who it was but man, some people never cease to amaze me.  I can't get over what incredible people God has put in my life at this time.  The cream of the crop, that's for sure.
Being an Anderson, you get Petey at the very start of the year.  I prefer this - let's just get it over with ;)  But seriously, the kids adore Petey and Jackson especially becomes quite obsessive.  


One of my favorite things about this little man, and there are many, is that he's good at entertaining himself.  You wouldn't expect this considering he is rather high maintenance but it's true, he can keep himself happy most mornings just reading, playing, eating, dancing, singing, whatever.


So, yes, we made it.  The first full week of school and it was wonderful.  The kids loved going and were in good moods each afternoon.  Friday night they had a sleep over at grandma and grandpa's and they had a blast.  Saturday morning I picked them up and took the straight to the park for the Primary Activity.  Sadly there weren't too many there but some of the kids favorite friends were and they loved it.  

Can someone please explain to Cole why he cannot eat the raw egg???

Now that's true friendship - tied together and happily joined at the hip despite the fact one is picking her nose... ewwww


Cole finally found the courage to go down slides on his own and it has resulted in journey after journey!

WEEK TWO
Ryan had his first hw folder for Kinder and he did well.  I am fearful of doing HW with this kid this year but was pleased with his cooperation our first go at it.  When he did ask, "Can I be done now?", we had just so happened to have finished; whew!  But the poor kids started coughing Saturday, the end of the first full week and so we started treatments right away.   He's doing well now but hit a wall at 6:30pm after participating in Jackson's first soccer practice.  Poor kid!

Andi has always loved HW and I pray that never ends.  I know, who am I kidding.  Anyway, she willingly and gratefully started her HW the second she got home.

Why are little boys obsessed with mom's shoes?  Heels, to be exact.    They all took turns and I'm just grateful they didn't break the heels of one of my shoes.  Dorks.


No comments: