Spring Break started off with lots and lots of TP!! The kids had no clue what it meant to be Tpeed or why someone would do it. But then they thought it was hilarious. Best of all, they were really good about cleaning it up.
Saturday morning we didn't have games and Andrew worked. It was actually good because the kids needed some down time. We cleaned and what not and until it was ready to head out to the Temple for Baptism pictures.
I don't have the pictures yet, but these are a few Cindy shot as the kids were playing around. I love this picture of the kids playing around because it shows them all so well. It's just too bad Jasmyn wasn't there yet.
I love this picture of the six of us amused as we watch the other kids run around and pee on bushes. Yeah, it wasn't an entirely reverent Temple visit.
Cole and Jacob are known to have really serious disagreements. I mean seriously, is it "Jesus" or "Jesus Christ"? Well, depends on who you ask. Same goes for Cole's age; is he "two" or "three"?? Good times!
Fran - always supplying the sugar!
We watched General Conference Saturday and Sunday mornings and there were so many great talks. The best part is how much the kids have improved on their Conference behavior.
Sunday we had the opportunity to go to my parent's house and celebrate grandpa grandpa's 53rd birthday. Sam, Marcy, Rob, Sharon all came over for a BBQ and Juana and Ito surprised us all by coming along, too. I was super out of it that day but enjoyed just sitting, relaxing laughing and enjoying the conversations all around me.
The kids were super excited that grandpa grandpa let them borrow Frozen.
Sunday we discussed how fortunate we all were to be sitting there with my grandparents, their three kids, their spouses, grandkids and great grands enjoying one another's company. As I walked into the playroom Monday morning I was pleased to see my kids quietly joined together playing side by side simply enjoying one another's company. This I pray continues through the years to come.
But hello, that peace did not last long - Monday was THE longest day. We stayed home getting things done around here and so yes, it was productive, but man it was trying!!!
After our long, boring Monday, we were stoked to head out to the beach Tuesday morning. We made the drive all the way to Carpenteria because who doesn't love a beautiful, SUNNY day at the beach!?!?
But the best part was being able to catch up with Erin Pyne while she was in town. I just adore her and kick myself now for not getting a picture with her.
Tristan and Bauer joined us that afternoon which was super exciting for these cousins - especially Andi. She's so the little mother. Bauer loved the beach so I'd so there are many more trips for these cousins in the future.
We left the beach later than planned and arrived an hour late to Ava's 1st birthday. Such a bummer. But the kids had a great nap on the way and were stoked to play around the park we've never been to before. I enjoyed the company, cute Ava and delicious cupcakes.
Wednesday I had to take Ry back to LA now that his pupils had be thoroughly dilated. The appt. was only an hour and a half this time which was much appreciated. Ry again had a tough time staying awake but in the end, he cooperated and we walked out with his much stronger prescription.
Thursday we slept in - I'm not sure how long I would have actually stayed in bed but quickly got up at about 8:30am when Marci suggested we hit up the beach. I had to get Andi back to CC for gymnastics by 3:45pm so I suggested Marina Park because it's not as far. We showered, loaded and headed out. Such a great day - chilly but the kids didn't care and neither did we. They went on the zip line then went on the playground then ate lunch then played in the waves. Quite a fulfilling day, I'd say. We made it back to gymnastics with one minute to spare!
This picture of the girls is the cutest!
Such great buds!
It's too funny - Andi got into a jean jacket kick a couple weeks back - we just so happened to match this day at the beach.
Friday we didn't have much planned so it worked out perfectly when Nikki suggested the park. Sadly, no pictures for that but the kids loved our second time at the David March park. From there we ran home, ate a quick lunch and headed straight to Jackson's annual well check at 2pm. He of course was freaking out because he's terrified of shots but calmed himself once there realizing he was going to be ok.
Naturally, he's a bit short for his age - 37% I think, and weighing in at 61 pounds. This kid is solid. I had the other three with me as well and the student working with the doctor that day couldn't believe there were four kids in that teeny room. Proud mommy moment = successful, peaceful trip to the doc with all kids in tow.
While at the doctor's, I received a call that Ryan's glasses had arrived - WAHOO. He was so super excited because his current prescription really hadn't been doing the trick. Plus, he picked out his new ones so he was super proud. Tender Mercy.... I worked two days, got paid and that money made it possible to get Ryan's new glasses. Gotta love it. I think they make him look older.
It seems as though Mr. Cole is going to have allergies. He has a nasty cough on and off and often has a runny nose which is almost always clear. The other night he woke up so upset and didn't want anything but a breathing treatment. The next day was when we took Jackson in so I had the doc listen to Cole and sure enough, he's got nothing to be treated. Ryan has improved so much I am hoping the same will be for Cole as he grows older.
Second Grade has been studying their cultures. Jackson was assigned to make an ancestor doll and needs to write a speech to go along with it. Juana was so happy to see Jackson's ancestor doll because it reminded her of her daddy. I'd say that's a job well done!
Saturday morning Andrew worked and again, we worked on the house and what not. With some dance breaks in between!!!
Jill and Ben arranged for us to meet in the Angeles Forest for a hike and picnic. I love how much they enjoy nature because they take us places we would never go. The kids were pumped and carried around their walking sticks all day. Mind you, this did not go over well and there were tears throughout the day, but I did enjoy their enthusiasm.
| Ryan loved his boomerang |
| Gotta love how much Aunt Jill loves her nephews and nieces! |
Overall, Spring Break brought many great memories. It also brought many time outs but hey, ya gotta take the good with the bad!



























No comments:
Post a Comment