Monday, September 01, 2014

Back 2 School & Rylee Rose

Back to school did not bring the peace I thought it'd bring.  Don't get me wrong, it is NOW, but man that first week was nuts.  The night before we found out teachers and I was bummed that Jackson's class was split up - I had a feeling it was coming but wanted to be wrong.  These guys have been together since Kindergarten and it has been so nice.  Ryan's class wasn't as lucky as Jackson's and they have already been split.  But, I'm relieved to know Jackson got the teacher I was hoping for.  Andi of course was with Mrs. Evans just as both my boys have been.  

Jackson's blessing spoke of his need to focus and make good choices.  To not get caught up in the crazy around him and instead to act on his own.  Ryan's discussed how proud we are of his growth and desire to learn and reminded him that he can do it if he tries!  Andi's revolved around the type of friend she is and can be.  It reminded her to choose wisely and to befriend those that may not have anyone.  Cole's mentioned of the light that he is and to let his light uplift those around him.  Truly grateful for Andrew's worthiness and desire to administer these father blessings.
 My alarm went off at 6:30am Thursday morning and when I got up and came out of my room, I found all three showered, dressed and in the process of making their lunch.  Can you tell they were just as excited as I was for the start of school!?!?


 Andi was beside herself as we walked onto the campus.  She ran up and grabbed Jackson's arm and exclaimed, "I'm so excited to be here with you guys!!".



 This is the first year we didn't have a kid in PJ's for the first day of school pic.



 I feel so blessed to have kids willing and eager to attend school.  It's a joy to watch and it makes my job that much easier.  Cole and Jacob could have hung out all day just playing with rolley-polley's. 


 
 Friday morning Fran and I took the boys to check out preschool.  Neither of us could make it to the scheduled Open House and so this gave Fran and Jacob a chance to check it all out.  It took some convincing to get the boys to leave!
Finally, a complete set of Preschool bags!

 Andi loved her first two days of Kindergarten - I really was not surprised but elated all the same.
Per tradition, we took the kids to In-N-Out after their first day.  This began with grandma shopping but she was at the hospital with Bri as she was in labor with Rylee.  In fact, that entire day did not go as planned.  Grandma shopping was supposed to pick up Juana and Ito that day but things were a bit crazy with Bri in the hospital.  So, after I dropped off the kids at their first day of school, Cole and I came home, cleaned up and headed to Corona where we picked up the abuelos and Uncle Tom.  It was so great having them all here for the first day of school and for the birth of Rylee.  Priceless memories - totally worth the chaos of that morning.


Rylee Rose Bey
 At 41 weeks, Bri was directed by her doctor to call in to set up induction.  This wasn't something she wanted and was a bit nervous about it.  So when she was told that Monday that there was no room, I don't think she minded.  Tuesday came and went and still no room.  Wednesday morning, same thing but then, while out on the golf course, Bri and Steven got the call that there was room and she was asked to come in.  I believe the process began around 5pm Wednesday at 41 weeks and 2d.  There was pain in the middle of the night but pitocin wasn't started until 6am Thursday morning.  Her labor was hard and slow which truly exhausted every bit of her body.  Late Thursday afternoon they tried having her push knowing a C-section was now a pretty good possibility.  An hour of pushing told them just that - again, there being no room, she wasn't able to get into the OR for a few hours after being told she would be having a C-section.  It was torture on her body.  Once in the OR, he struggled breathing and had to be put out which left Steven alone in the hall.  Poor guy had to wait outside the room.  It was a long day for everyone, especially them, but they did it.  I am grateful to Fran for taking my kids so I could bring Juana, Ito and Tom to the hospital so we could all wait together.  We spent hours in that waiting room but it was all worth it once we received word Rylee was out and healthy and Bri was doing well.  

Because visiting hours were well over and because I still needed to drive all the way home, I wasn't able to wait around to see them that night.  Friday I had the chance to go back and visit and meet Rylee for the first time.

 We are super excited to have Rylee here and so happy for Bri and Steven.  The kids were super good waiting in the waiting room and outside while Steven ran home for the first time three days.  
As if things weren't crazy enough those first two days of school, Ryan had a dentist appt.  Poor planning on my part!!  Ry was terrified because the last time he was at the dentist he had a lot done and had to have the gas mask.  Despite how many time we assured him he was just getting a cleaning and it would be no big deal, he was still freaking.
 I think he stressed himself out so much that he was beat - he passed out waiting to be cleaned.  I don't blame him, though, we were there for an hour and a half for a simple five minute cleaning.  I hate that place!



Saturday I took the kids, Juana and Ito to Ventura.  Juana loves the beach and rarely gets to go and Andrew had to work and my parents were helping Bri and working and what not so it was the perfect way to spend our day.  Not to mention it was so hot at home and Ventura was just right.


 

 Juana is 81 or something like that but she doesn't miss a beat.  She is always happily engaged with the kids and I hope they know just how lucky they are!!  Super lucky to be buried alive by their great grandma ;)






 Sunday we had Stake Conference so we headed back to Acton where Tom made gueso and Andrew made crepes.  Really the best breakfast combo ever!  The kids love going to grandma and grandpa's because they love drawing, playing, biking and roaming.  This was our last visit with Juana and Ito before they headed home.  Our visits are always memorable.
 One of Ryan's best buddies has to go back to New York every summer and so we missed out playing with him and his family this Summer.  Because of this, Liz put together a little swim gathering at their place and the kids couldn't stop counting down the minutes until it was time to go.


Monday morning came and I had to wake up Andi and Ryan.  The nice thing was they weren't difficult to get up.  I had considered doing the valet but being Andi's third day of school, I wasn't quite ready.  So instead Cole and I tailed behind these three and watched them do the routine as though they were on their own.  Smooth sailing!  Tuesday I did valet ;)
 "Mom, I can't hold your hand because my hands are in my pockets."
I'm so happy all three of them are happy with their teachers!
 Here's the deal with Andi, though.... the second day of school she forgot her backpack.  I had to turn around and go back home to get it and the boys were not happy about that.  They were still on time just limited on play time.  Monday she remembered and then Tuesday Andrew took them to school.  He didn't discover the missing backpack until they had pulled into the valet line and this time there wasn't enough time to run home.  Fourth day of school I had to bring her backpack to her.  Goodness, this could get interesting!

 Cole's first day of preschool finally arrived that Tuesday.  He has been asking to go to school for a year now and so you can imagine his excitement that morning.  The boy requested a yellow shirt but this was the best I could find.  Not thrilled about the pastel but he didn't seem to mind.  And yes, he wrote his own name - he's the first one to be able to do this the first day of preschool.  I can't wait to see all he accomplishes.


 No tears, no looking back - he was rearing to go!

 Cole was challenged by his buddy Jacob to do the ALS ice water bucket challenge.  Stud.
 My view from the drivers seat in the valet line.
 Back to School night was Tuesday and so this meant minimum day.  I'd say 2:15pm is early enough but apparently they felt the need to dismiss at 12:30pm.  So directly from preschool pick-up, I ran over to grab the other three.  Because we had time, I decided to make our way to Palmdale to visit Bri, Steven and Rylee now that they were home.  The kids weren't allowed to see them in the hospital so this was their first time.




 Jackson was the Rylee whisperer.  He kept her for quite some time and bounced her and patted her bum when she became discontent.  He loved her!




 Minutes before leaving, Ryan decided he was ready to hold Rylee.  I swear this little man is always keeping us guessing.

 It was such a great visit.... until we got in the car.  Apparently Andi's dog allergies are increasing each time.  She didn't even touch Bob this time but just being in the house, she broke out in a rash and couldn't stop sneezing.  Grateful for always having Benadryl on hand!!


Friday the boys were invited to the four year old preschool class to see the guest speaker, parrot lady.  They were too cute and so very intrigued!
 From there, Cole and Jacob came with me to a doctor's appt.  I love these boys - they are so good!
 Cole has been playing so well on his own while the others are at school.  Once I feel like I'm caught up with all I neglected over the summer, I hope to start working on him with his sight words and what not.
Luckily for us the real homework did not begin until the start of the third week of school.  And luckily for me, no one is complaining just yet!
Scouts should be back on track now that Summer is over and Jackson couldn't be more excited.
 This is Jackson's bed - it looks much like I'd imagine his office would look like.  This boy cracks me up.
 The first preschool field trip of the year was to McDonald's.  Cole kept talking about how freezing the freezer was.  I can't believe my baby is old enough for this.  It's SO much fun!
Rewind I don't know how long ago and we land during our landscaping renovation where we gained beautiful shrubs in the backyard.  Well, those shrubs froze and died and have been twigs out back ever since.  This past week they were finally replaced and I was so excited!  
 There's nothing like playing in the yard when he has been freshly mowed and manicured.


This brings up to the end of the third week of school.  Well, not entirely - we did pull the kids out of school for their third Friday because Thursday we packed up and headed to Lake Mead.  Yup, I'd say the start of the 2014-2015 school year has been a crazy one but a good one!
But wait, there's more.... Check out the pictures Becky Ibarra took of little Rylee!
My favorite!




1 comment:

Cynthia Arrietta said...

Love It Love It Love It...My babies are the most precious gifts...I love how the Priesthood helps them in their life choices and journey's..