It's funny how there are things Andi has learned to do before Ryan. Not because he can't, but he simply doesn't show the desire before she does. Cooking eggs is one of these things. Andi has known for maybe six months and Ryan just asked a couple weeks ago. In fact, he asked Andi to teach him. He was quite frustrated when the salt wouldn't come out.... yeah, the lid was still on!
I wish I started keeping count of the number of times I have cleaned this garage since we've been here. It becomes a collect all so quickly it drives me nuts. What I would give to have some extra money for shelves and a shed, some extra muscles for Andrew's tools and what not, some extra height which I don't think needs an explanation, etc. One day, ONE DAY, I will have an orderly garage. Right!?!?
Dress up days - I've improved! It does help to have multiple reminders now such as:
"Mom, we have to dress up like in the olden days" - Ry
Yeah, those "olden days" were the 80's. Crazy perspective.
I haven't been working much because there's so much going on with all these kids all the time. Doctor's, dentist, volunteering, you name it - but the day I was able to work at Golden Valley High just so happened to be the day the fire station field trip was finally scheduled. Go figure. Luckily for me Fran had Cole and it all worked out beautifully. So grateful for good friends.
After work I picked up the kids from Fran and headed to Acton to set up for our 3rd Annual Friendsgiving. Which of course, required mom and I to hook up the trailer alone. Grateful for Jackson, my little man, who came along and helped load up tables and chairs. That kid is such a stud and such a thinker!
I hate it when you are enjoying something you know will forever be important to you and you can't quite capture it on "film". And please, why in the world does it always look like it's snowing when I take night pictures!!?
This year many of us stayed much later than in the past. It's so fun watching these kids grow up and be able to do so much more. I love it. And then, once they all began getting sleepy, they just snuggled up with one another and started to wind down on their own. There's a type of freedom that comes with school-aged children! It was a gathering we'll never forget and always treasure even though some were truly missed!! And as always, grateful for all my parents did to host 40 or 50 people many of those people being kids under the age of 10.


















1 comment:
I look forward every year to spend Friendsgiving with you guys…We are all so much more than friends now! ox
Post a Comment