Monday, May 19, 2008

Rewind... Saturday - THE ZOO for the BIRTHDAY BOY!

For Jackson's SECOND birthday - we decided to forego the party and take him to the zoo. We missed all those that couldn't make it, but I am sure you were glad to be out of the 100 degree weather! The morning started out very relaxing! Jackson and Ryan watched a morning cartoon while we got things together for the day. Grandma Nette showed up with a gift... FISH!
Jackson took many pictures of his fish and I will spare you from most of them - but I thought it was cute he got grandma.


10am and we were off! Our drive was easy, parking was easy, loading into the stroller was easy, we were off to a good day.

This is Jackson looking at the TIGER!

He's hanging out with his buddy!
His favorite seemed to be the GIRAFFE!
Gee I can't tell why...

He was in awe of these creatures!



Ryan thoroughly enjoyed himself. We didn't hear a peep from him the entire time we were there. He kicked, smiled and slept - such an angel!
We left the zoo around 1 I think... not sure... and headed to Burbank's FUDDRUCKER'S. This has been one of our favorite's since we lived in Arcadia. As for Jackson, these machines are his favorite. He spent very little time eating, and much time analyzing and climbing.
Before we continued the party in the pool, Jackson needed about an hour and a half time out. I found him like this, with all his animals on the bed, and him on the floor. He really takes care of them!


Swimming was a nice way to end such a hot day. Our pool is freezing, so it was very refreshing.
It was great to have some family and friends at the pool - we are so blessed.When Jackson got tired of the pool, he decided to play catch on his own with the big pool ball. He rarely caught it, so I guess it's called throw.
We are so thankful for our little man and there was no better way to spend that day. He's a blast and I don't want to know what our life would be without him. He truly is the life of the party!

3 comments:

Shay said...

Is that Matt Lauricella in the back ground in the pool shot? Random question. Anyways, it looks like you guys had a very LONG but fun day!! Wish I could have been there. See ya soon!

RachelAA said...

Yes it is - it has been awesome having them so close they are a blast!!

Jenn said...

WOW! I can't believe he is already 2! How time flies...