Monday, July 07, 2008

Even Marshmallows Turn Brown

Tahiti Village called and offered us a free room for the weekend, two $50 gas cards, a $50 card to a steak house (that we didn't end up using), and free poolside drinks - how could we turn down that offer?? DAY TWO (Day one was unexpected late travel) - the 4th of July!

At the start of the day, Jackson was an amateur - once Andrew and I got back from a two hour meeting, grandma had turned him into a pro. He swam like such a fish the rest of the time.

Because Ryan is now a swimmer but not yet six months of age, we try to shade him instead of using sunscreen.
I was prepared just in case we weren't going to be able to cover him enough - but we did.


Ryan loves to hear Abuelita sing and talk to him in Spanish, it calms him down so easily!
This was Jackson's bed - so cozy in the closet!!
DAY THREE - golf & swimming & horseies (J's word for it)
My boys are wondering where I am going and yet Andrew has no clue anything has changed.
We eat here every trip we make to Vegas - LOVE IT.
This was Jackson's first time on a carousel - HE LOVED IT!
See like I told you - a pro... he now swims on his own - well maybe floats on his own



Whoops - head dive


My mom bought Jackson this little chair at Target - $7 for all you mom's out there!! Jackson loved making his own little spot for dinner.
DAY FOUR - swimming & driving home
Can you tell the boys were beat?



We had to take Jackson to the "horseies" one more time.



It was a much needed vacation and it was perfect. I wish the boys took the camera on their 113 degree golf trip, but what can you do? Last night it took 5 hrs. and 45min. to get home instead of 3.5 - apparently we weren't the only ones with the bright idea of go to Vegas for the weekend :( We hope you all enjoy yours as well!
*Oh and my title - that's Andrew's comeback to my mom when she made fun of him for laying out in the sun being a white boy and all.

3 comments:

jena wise said...

That's a perfect quote. We felt the same way when we got to Hawaii.

Ryan obviously has your skin; I would have burned simply from the reflection of the sun on the water.

I'm glad you had a lot of family (read: help) on your trip!

Jackson is awesome for sleeping in the closet.

You are so dang tan!

I'm glad you got to go away for free - I'd say it's good to get these trips under your belt before you have 3, but I can see you being just as active even then!

Ashleigh said...

Looks fun. Glad you guys had such a nice time.

Paige said...

Looks like you had a blast! Wish I could have been there. I counted all of Jackson's ribs in one picture.