Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Change of Plans

7:30am: Me: "Jackson let's get in the shower and get ready - we are going to the park today for playgroup!"
8:30am: Me: "Jackson, want to go see Juana and Ito?"
My grandparents live in Corona and so if we are lucky, we see them about once every six or eight weeks. I HATE it!! Yesterday I was feeling well enough to clean up and get going, and I really wanted to go to playgroup because we haven't been in so long, but I just couldn't push aside the desire to just head out to Corona. So off we were by 9:30am.
When I was a child, I was taken to Tom's Farm to get Christmas trees - NOW it's huge and gorgeous and just so much more. Most of the attractions are closed during the week, but it was still a perfect outing and extraordinary weather. Ryan was so relaxed as we were out and about - it's such a blessing having a child that can sit in the stroller or car seat for so long!

Isn't it great how easily kids can make friends!!
Ryan LOVED the strawberry shake - I bought it for all of us to share, but really Jackson and Ryan were the only ones to truly enjoy it.
After our trip, we headed back to the "old people's" pool (yeah I said it) - I love the old people because they actually heat the pool!!! It was a nice end to our visit.




Love it, Love them, Good Day!

4 comments:

Julia Everts said...

First of all, i love that picture of the water splashing up on Ryan!! So perfect! Second of all, where did you get that thing he sits in in the water? I need to get one.

Ashleigh said...

I also love the Ryan one with the binky. What kind of camera are you sporting these days?

Anonymous said...

Nothing compares to spending a day with people you love so much.

d said...

looks like you made the right decision with a grandparents day. Ryan's eyes are so amazingly blue!!!