Thursday, October 09, 2008

November 11, 1929 - October 8, 2008

You know it's funny, for the last few weeks I have often thought about the nights my grandma would come over and braid my hair in all these tiny little braids. She did this so I could wake up in the morning, take them all out, and have wavy hair for school that day. And then I think about the German weiners and pickles - YUM! I remember playing with all her barbies under the table in her living room. I remember picking fruit in her backyard. I remember all the times she made jokes when I didn't expect that to come out of her. I remember spending the night in her bed and eating her TUMS cause I thought they were good - hey I just realized, Jackson thinks that too. I will always remember her and I am happy for her that she is now able to rest in peace and be with those she has missed for so many years.



7 comments:

Shay said...

I am also happy that she is no longer suffering and that she is with those she has missed for so long. Although she will be missed here, she is needed up in heaven and is much happier there. R.I.P Trudy.

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry Rachel, my condolences to you and your family. I’m sure she will be missed by many, but it is good to know that she is no longer suffering. We’re here for you for whatever you may need.

tphillips said...

Sounds like she was a sweet woman! Cherish the memories you had with her :) She is in a happier place now for sure. My prayers are with you and your family.

Ashleigh said...

So sorry for your loss guys. How extra special those memories and the wonderful pictures are now.

d said...

I am sorry about her passing. I am really glad you have some great memories to reflect on and share with your kids. How lucky you were to have your kids able to meet your grandma. Love you rach.

The Watson's said...

What a year we've had...seriously. I am so sorry for your loss. I know you are very close to your family. Love you

Anonymous said...

Rachel, again we are so sorry. I love the way you bring up the good memories Come to think of it, I do not have "bad" memories from my Mom and Dad, wonder who makes this happen to us huh!!
Love you
Aunt Sharon