Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Can't Catch my Breath



The last five or six months have forced me to slow down.  At first I really fought this slower pace but then the pregnancy came and I welcomed it in a way.  Now I am feeling better in many different ways and I feel more apt to go out and to fill my calendar.
Apparently, I'm no longer used to this.  Yes, I dropped the ball!
Friday night Shay arrived and you know what that means.... SUSHI!!!!!!!!  It was so delicious and so relaxing, but ended an already busy week and started a way busy weekend.

The purpose for Shay's visit was all in honor of Baby Dexter!
As most of you know, we played a baby version of Family Feud.  It turned to be a lot of fun and even more interesting to see everyone's answers.  Thanks again for all those that participated!
*See bottom for results!
Directly from the shower I met up with my family at a birthday party.  Sadly, we don't have pictures of this but don't worry, there are many other times the kids will be sporting their Halloween costumes!  (We have our ward party, we were invited to Mint Cyn.'s ward party, then also invited to the Agua Dulce ward party and then of course - HALLOWEEN!)
From there, we headed back to Acton to enjoy the rest of the evening with Shay.  This included taking many, many ridiculous pictures!
The Shake 'N Snap is probably my favorite!
Try it, I'm sure you'll love it.

The kids were so cute when they decided to come show us their pregnant bellies.  All their idea!
Have you ever played the "emotion" game?
Uncle Chris has a style I do not feel Andrew could ever pull off.  We began discussing skinny jeans and it just so happens Chris was wearing some.  What better entertainment than to see Andrew try on Chris' skinny jeans?!?!?

The next time we see Shay she will hopefully have her son in her arms!!!
But just because Shay left, that doesn't mean the chaos ended.  I had a chance to get together with some friends for the first time in SO very long.  We saw eachother at Kristen's wedding last year, but we haven't had a chance to casually visit.  It was wonderful catching up and reflecting on all we have endured through the last 14 years!
I was gone most of the day so Andrew took the kids to church.  When I got home I was again reminded how awesome my husband is and how wonderful our friends are.  Sarah sent me home with a horse, Ben and Becky got these awesome cars for the boys, Laurel put Andi to sleep at church (seriously a miracle), and Kristen drove nearly two hours just to visit with us.  
So, what's the problem you ask..... Near the end of boot camp Monday morning, I realized I should have been at Ryan's doctor's appointment instead of working out - OOPS!!!!!  Seriously, I couldn't believe I did it.  But after rescheduling and calming down, I realized that I am simply no longer used to going, going, going.  I haven't done it in so long, it takes time to adjust :)
The result of Ryan's appointment with the ear, nose, throat specialist is that his adenoids are normal.  His ears seem fine but a referral was put in to check for any hearing loss.  So really, nothing new developed yesterday.  We wait, again.
Oh well, all ended well :)

*
Sleep Through The Night

*6-9 Months (13 votes)                    3 Months
6 Weeks                                                  4 Months
Get Used to Nursing

*2 Weeks (17 votes)                                 1 Month
Never                                                              3 Months
Color of Infant Poop

*Mustard (15 votes)                        Yellow
Green                                                   Green & Yellow
1st Tooth

*6 Months (17 votes)                                 5 Months
4 Months                                                       9 Months
Favorite Diaper Cream

*Desitin (41 votes)                                    Butt Paste
A&D Ointment                                         Aveeno
Popular Boy Name

*Jacob (11 votes)                                          John
Michael/Mike                                                 Matthew
Favorite Brand of Diapers

*Huggies (22 votes)                                 Pampers
Costco                                                         Luvs
When Do You Stop Nursing

*1 Year (31 votes)                                      6 Months
9 Months                      When they pull up your shirt
When Do Diapers Decompose (500 years)

*Never (12 votes)                                          1 Year
20 Years                                                           5 Years
Recognize Father’s Voice (2 weeks)

*at Birth (11 votes)                                    2 weeks
1 Month                                                          No Clue
Missing Body Part (Kneecaps)

*Kneecaps (15 votes)                                 Teeth
BellyButton                                                  No Clue
How Many Diapers Do You Change (8-12)

*8-12 (28 votes)                                              6
7                                                                            75
When Do They Eat Solids

*4 Months (20 votes)                              6 Months
5, 7 & 9 Months tied               
Favorite Flavor of Baby Food

*Sweet Potato (12 votes)                      Banana
Applesauce                                                 Pears

4 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

ummm... in the sushi picture I have to guess that Curtis was playing a sport before he met up with you guys. I love the belly and shake and snap pictures! Sounds like fun I wish I could have been there

RachelAA said...

He came straight from work. And Mandi, believe me you were so missed!!!!

Rojahn Family said...

THIS IS SOOOOO FUN!!! All of it...the funnest post and great pics...love the Andrew and the skinny jeans. Andy would NEVER do that!

RachelAA said...

To be honest, Jenna, I was SHOCKED Andrew was willing!!!!