Saturday, October 30, 2010

Project Runway Finale

Last night we had plans that required getting a sitter.  The kids haven't had a sleep-over in so long and I SO needed it.  Andi has never been a real good sleeper, but the last two weeks have been awful.  She is crying three or four times a night, Jackson has been in our bed, I have been in pain from working out, and really, it's just been miserable.

We took the kids to my parents and Mark made us all dinner.  After dinner, the kids were doing to be distracted making cookies, so we decided to slip out.
It didn't work.  Jackson freaked out.  This has been Jackson lately, very clingy.  Tantrums, fits, emotional breakdowns - who is this kid?  Anyway, we tried everything and nothing was working.  We finally had to sneak out one by one.  Unfortunately for my parents, once he realized we were gone, things weren't pretty!

But it's funny - you can't wait for them to be gone, you wait all day until the moment you get to drop them off, but then it's sad.  Then when we got home last night, we arrived to our empty house, and it was so sad.  It's always so sad.

But, I am glad we did it because we had a lot of fun and a lot of yummy stuff I shouldn't have eaten.  Andrew was inspired by Cake Boss and we even had to make sure we were home an hour before the gathering so he could prepare his cake.

This morning though, I'm not going to lie, I woke up and realized it was 6:30am and I had been sleeping since 11:15pm.  Seriously.  That was heaven!  So overall, a good night.  Well, for us, maybe not for my parents!?!?  HAHA

2 comments:

Rojahn Family said...

Wow! The cake is awesome! Good on you, Andrew!!!! Did you guys go somewhere or just back home to be away from the kiddos for a night?

What would it be like to sleep through the whole night uninterrupted? Oh...someday perhaps I'll know, but these are not those days for me.

RachelAA said...

We and the Lauricella's have been talking about the season all along so Michalle thought it'd be fun to get together for the finale. And it was a lot more fun that way. Are you into it? We were trying to think of who else we knew that liked it. Let me know for next season!!!!!