On this particular trip to the mall, the stroller worked out for us. Today, when I was all alone and just had to make a quick exchange, the stroller failed me. They were all loaded up just like the other day, but I wasn't moving to easily through the parking lot towards to the mall. After figuring out a wheel was all messed up, I had to unload the kids and walk them back to the car. I then moved around the car seats, long story, and then took sleeping Cole out of his car seat and WALKED all four kids back to the mall. In Macy's, I needed to exchange a pair of shoes. How ridiculous did I look holding a newborn in my arms while I looked for shoes and gave dirty looks to my other three that insisted on chasing one another instead of sitting in the chairs. People were nice and commented how good the kids were but I truly felt like I was that selfish mom as I browsed shoes. Believe me, the people that spoke to me got to hear how the stroller broke on the way in. I did not intend to make an appearance like we did.
Ok, back to Easter. We began the festivities at Central Park Saturday morning around 9:30am. It was a gorgeous day and for that I was happy. Although it reminded me again how lame I was because I didn't think to bring a hat for Cole. Luckily, Andrew brought along sunscreen for his hairless head.
The hunt was quick but it worked well for us. Andrew, Matt and Michalle took Alli, Andi and Ryan to the 0-3 section and I watched Jackson attack the 4-5 section. Oh, and Cole slept. I feel like the one picture of Andrew is so a where's Waldo feel....
Tacky Bunny picture here - really, they couldn't find a way to secure the purple cloth over the bench?
Funny how Easter is very much similar to the Halloween aftermath - checking out the loot.
This was the first year we didn't spend Easter evening with the Andersons. It was a bit chaotic for everyone this weekend and we are going with them to Vegas this week, so we didn't get together Sunday. Instead, they met up with us at Central Park and then we went to grab some lunch. In the parking lot, Annette gave the kids their Easter gift - these little stools are awesome!!! Later that night at Andrew's softball game, Annette gave the boys some grandpa grandpa hats. My mom had gotten them one for Easter and they loved them. They Annette found some killer deals so the boys scored more hats.
Sunday morning the kids got little "baskets" before church. I had a friend that had a tradition of giving the kids their swim suits for the season in their Easter Baskets - I loved it and so we carry that on now. They also got paints and pens and what not. Because it was a late night the night before, Sunday morning got a late start - it was about 8am when all began to rise. So, we made it to church at about 9:20 which really isn't bad. It was just in time for Jackson to go straight up front to sing with the Primary. And just in time for Andrew to.... well, you'll have to ask him....
After church we made a stop at my parent's house before heading out to Corona. The Easter Bunny left slightly larger baskets at their house!
I didn't think to wear green, go figure. But I like the pictures anyway. I really like the one where Cole looks like he's smiling. Oh, and the matching shirts... well my mom and I thought it would be funny. My dad and Andrew thought they were given a nice shirt for Easter, end of story. Nope....
Let's talk about the twins for a moment. Lately I am asked often if they are twins. This happens when their get close in height and apparently now is that time. Sunday we took my dad's car to Corona and so we had to send one kid with my parents. They took Jackson because really, Andi and Ryan don't like being apart. I mean look at them, they even gravitate towards one another in their sleep!
Corona was wonderful as always. The sun finally came out and we enjoyed a fabulous egg hunt. The kids had so much fun even though we had to repeatedly remind Jackson to slow down and help his siblings.
This morning we were tired once again. I think it was three or four late nights in a row so again, all woke closer to 8am than to 7am. Fine by me - but I did miss boot camp :( It was OK though because there was a ton to do here. Do you see the mess only a grandma would create!?!? Mr. Cole has been smiling a lot more lately and I hope to soon be able to capture a real good one.
It was a beautiful Easter full of love and gratitude.













5 comments:
from Lorena: I love the new family photo. You all look so cute. It is striking how much Andi looks like Andrew in that pic, sitting in his lap.
I love the family picture! You guys have such a great family!!!!
I love your family picture. It is beautiful!
LOVE your Easter family picture! Everyone looks great! Sounds like a great Easter
You're seriously amazing. No idea how you do it all.
Post a Comment