Thursday, April 14, 2011

SIX Weeks

As is often said, in some ways it feels like it has been forever and in others, it feels like it was just yesterday.  Cole was SIX WEEKS yesterday!  He seems so much older to us but then at 2am, 5am, and 7am, he reminds me he's still pretty young!  I truly do feel that when they're so young, they can look so different just by a slight change in their expression - so yes, I captured many!
I have to say, driving home from my doctor's appointment yesterday was a bit weird for me.  I had to say good-bye to my doctor, whom I adore, and I had to accept the fact that I will never again:
get the adrenaline of a positive pregnancy test
have the joy of telling loved ones we're expecting
experiencing that first ultrasound
finding out the gender and figuring out a name
getting cute little gifts that make you excited for the baby
going into labor and delivering because seriously, that's my favorite part of all
seeing the kids greet a new sibling - so precious
and soon, I will no longer have a little ball of baby curled up on my chest for a nice, long nap

Today we tried out a couple new things:
1 - The monster onesie.  Isn't it funny how you get things before they're born and you wait and wait to use them and then bam, they're just about to grow out of it!  I'm glad I pulled it out today.  
*The other day we received a sweet package from the Sorenson's, our dear friends from Pepperdine.  These 6 month onesies will for sure be used much sooner than expected!  They're washed and ready to go.  And seriously, they are so stinken' cute!
2 - The Baby Bjorn was pulled out today and he loved it.  I needed something different to distract him because I could tell he was getting sleepy but it was an hour before nap time.  Well, although this brought much fun for me, it brought on an early nap for him.  Oh well, it was cute and cozy.

5 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

I love the pictures of cole and you look amazing as well! How do you do the collages?

Julia Everts said...

I'm not even done having kids, but reading your post just now made me sad just THINKING about not being able to experience those things again! :-( Also, did you take all those photos within a matter of like 5 minutes? Haha. All in the same outfit! So adorable! He sure is a cutie! And have i mentioned i LOVE his name!

RachelAA said...

I went to get a six week picture and I took one and thought it didn't look like him. So, I took another. It was more like him but then he moved and it was a different him. So then I realized I just needed to click away because with each move he changed! I took more, but deleted some that looked similar!

RachelAA said...

I went to get a six week picture and I took one and thought it didn't look like him. So, I took another. It was more like him but then he moved and it was a different him. So then I realized I just needed to click away because with each move he changed! I took more, but deleted some that looked similar!

Unknown said...

His facial expressions are so cute!