Once we pick up Ry, we are in limbo. Tuesdays are early days and so there isn't much time to go home and relax or get things done. Instead, we wander. This particular Tuesday I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch. This was Cole's first high chair and French fry experience. I love it when my kids start gnawing on fries - it makes eating out so much easier.
Then the storms hit. It began with the rain/hail storm - was that Tuesday or Wednesday? I don't even remember. Either way, we loved every minute of that one. Cole especially enjoyed the large drops and booming thunder. Jackson played in the rain while Andi and Ryan slept through it.
After that storm, Jackson ran inside to change. When he came back out, I figured it was time to teach him to do the laundry. He was all over it. Seriously, he was so excited and so proud of himself. Jackson even created "the laundry song" and he "sang while he worked".
It really had turned into a pleasant evening. We decided to take the kids out to Chronic Taco before I had to head out for Relief Society. Yum! But, that's when the second storm hit!
At Chronic, Jackson complained a bit about his belly but it wasn't bad enough for me to stay home from Relief Society. Upon my return, I learned that Jackson vomited repeatedly while I was gone. OH BOY. Do you see the pattern?
First we thought Andi ate something that didn't settle well - it happens with her. Then thought the same thing with Ryan considering it was four days later. But now Jackson. He looked miserable!
Tori had just come into town for a quick visit, so we stayed up talking. While sitting there, I began to feel a bit uneasy. Of course it was just that I was tired - right!?!? We talked about a mother's immune system being rock solid. And in addition to that, a teacher's immune system.
This "bug" said TAKE THIS!
Jackson and I were throwing up all night. It was miserable. Luckily Andrew had work to do from home on Wednesday so I stayed in bed until 4pm and Jackson stayed on the couch and in my bed. Ugh! It really was miserable but had some uplifting moments - Jenn Barron brought us some Jello! Yes, something I could eat. So many others were concerned and loving as well.
When I emerged from my dungeon, I forced myself to clean up the house a bit. After all, the plan was to leave for Utah the very next afternoon! Andrew was determined to make this trip happen despite the fact that we were in no condition to do so mentally, financially, and physically.
When Andrew woke up sick Thursday morning, I thought that would be the final straw. It wasn't. I'm telling you, the boy was determined. Feeling like crap, we got up, cleaned up, packed up and headed out to St. George, UT. for the weekend.
The good thing about this bug is that I wasn't hungry for three days!! No one is. And yes, Tori caught it and brought it back to Utah. I think they're on the tail end now. If you avoided this one, count your blessings!






No comments:
Post a Comment