Wednesday, September 21, 2011

As Long As You're Living....

Jackson,

While walking you to class this morning, I informed you that I would be working in your classroom today.  I can still see your expression; the excitement was oozing from every muscle.  I laughed to myself, thinking how short this time is that you would be happy to have me hanging around at your school.  You told me it was awesome and you wanted to know the entire time frame of the day.  I gave your our "secret code" and you looked up and smiled at me.

"Boys and girls, I'd like to introduce you to my mom.  Mrs. (long silence) Anderson" - you are such a stud in class.  There may be a time where you will have to control yourself, as sad as this is, but for now I relished in the fact that you loved to raise your hand and give the answer.  You are so eager to learn, so eager to please.

Mrs. Evans told me that this morning, you Principal came in to your class.  You guys were discussing the shark tooth and she asked if it was too sharp to touch.  Confidently, you explained, "No, it's no sharp.  The water and sand make it smooth."

Tonight, while lying in bed, you told me you want to make a thank you card for dad.  "Dad, I hope you had a good time at basketball.  From, Jackson."  I asked you why and you said, "Because I want to make him happy".  You even had the great idea to make the card in the shape of a basketball.

You have so much love to give and I am so grateful you are my baby.  But this morning, you proved you are not of the mindset of a baby.  You were chewing gum and we had no idea where you had gotten it.  "Remember the night where we had marshmallows and chocolate.  I wasn't helping cleaning and you told me to spit out my gum.  I spit it out in a bag and saved it!"  Oh boy, you are too smart for your own good you sneaky little punk!!!  You better use that brain for good little man!!!

*Your first Listening and Speaking (1.0 & SA 2:2) Rubric:
2/2 Speaks clearly and is easily heard
2/2 Maintains eye contact with the audience
2/2 Demonstrates good posture
1/2 Needs no help or reminders
2/2 Uses appropriate actions
9/10 :)

No comments: