We have received this year. We received big. I can't tell you the emotion I experienced when I opened that anonymous package. I wanted to give it back. I wanted to repay them. I wanted to hug them. I wanted to use it. I wanted to savor it. I wanted to cry. I wanted to give. Don't people amaze you when they make a sacrifice for those around them. They made a sacrifice for my children. Again, it brings tears to my eyes. This is our season for receiving but you better believe, I will give what I can when I can. There's no way to repay such a gift. These anonymous givers reflected the true meaning of Christmas. For "Christmas" is just that, receiving a gift greater than yourself. A gift you can't give back, don't want to give back and can't pay back. All we can do is say "thank you" and when it's our turn to give, WE WILL!
With that said, we have had a fun month enjoying the festivities of Christmas. Again we had the chance to visit the Wakefeild Winterwonderland Lights a couple times. The first was after a busy, busy Sunday. That morning was typical but then continued after church while the Primary Presidency delivered goodies to every primary student and teacher. It was a blessing I have to say - I truly enjoyed giving!
Visit to Lights #1
Visit to lights #2 - The plan was to meet at Begonias Park at 5:30pm so it wouldn't be too chilly. Of course, it happened to be a windy day but we decided to brave it anyway. The wind actually wasn't a problem so that was nice! But before we met up, Andrew had to run to an appointment. He called me at about 4:30 saying he had run out of gas. Fantastic. So I made him walk, yes I made him because he wanted to wait there for me to pick him up - uh, no.... I did though head over there to help out and when I did, he was already walking back with the gas can. Of course, I had to get pictures - he kept trying to hide! I don't know, I found this hilarious.
Turned out, he arrived to the park only one minute late - and yes, he was hauling butt!
We pushed out all those kids!
We had planned to hang out at Barnes and Nobles after lights but things changed. Many of us weren't able to pull off dinner before hand, so we were hungry after lights. Wendy's was "fast, cheap and easy" so there we went. We took over the place for a couple hours I think and all had a great time.
Things have been pretty exhausting, but enjoyable.
Cole was given a shirt that just so happens to match a shirt Jackson just recently passed down to Ryan. Cute.
I have been going to Book Club for a couple years I think and I love it. At one point in time, it was the only socializing I had and I was truly grateful for it. So I guess you could say, it has a bit of sentimental value to me which is why this Christmas, I knew I had to get a picture so I could look back years from now. The bummer is this picture is missing a very important member! But nonetheless, here we are, after our children's book exchange - LOVED IT.
Way back during Wes' birthday dinner, Nikki mentioned wanting to throw a Pinterest Party. I had Brooke's homemade party idea fresh on my mind so I threw that out there to Nikki. She hosted such a fabulous party which featured food and crafts from Pinterest. Around 9pm we finished eating and exchanging and so we played a game until close to midnight. It was a hilarious night - a night we so needed to escape from the stress of this month. Hilarious!!
But don't worry, Andrew's enjoying the season too. That day, Andrew had a baking day. He and his buddy, Matt, baked goodies all day. When they first planned it I wasn't sure it would happen. But the night before, when Andrew got off the phone, his goofy grin of excitement, let me know that as Matt said, "Baking day was on!". Andrew exclaimed, "I have a friend that likes to bake!". There weren't enough to distribute to all our friends, but I think the memory they made was worth the time and energy.
While at home, the kids are finding ways to entertain themselves. Puzzles, cups, discarded cookies, babies, teeth, car wash, white board, make believe....
During these civil moments, I was able to work on our Christmas stockings; the stocking I cut out TWO YEARS ago. They are not yet finished, but at least they're functional for his year.
Can you believe, two more days!











1 comment:
What a fantastic month! You give with your kindness, smiles, laughter and by just being a friend! Have a Merry Christmas! Have fun with your cute family... And I'm grateful I got to enjoy the resultsof "baking day!!"
Post a Comment