Lately they love to paint. Which is great until tweedle dee and tweedle dum decided to get a sheet of paper, place it on the couch and then pour a bottle of paint onto that paper. How's the saying... "All fun and games until someone gets hurt" - believe me, it applies! (*Jackson even asked Andrew to make an artists panel for him to hold his paint)
Monday was so random and yet so inspiring. Michalle called Monday afternoon saying Matt needed a hair cut - this hair cut turned into dinner, dessert, and FHE. Michalle's a rock star and is now invited to our home every Monday night. She's got that gift with kids - the gift I don't have. But yes, I do want to work much harder on a better lesson from here on out.
Yesterday Ryan had his field trip to Mountasia where the kids all indulged in some ice cream. Ryan of course ordered chocolate because he thinks he likes it but of course, he only ate about a 1/3 of it. Andi was a terd and wouldn't give me a good picture. This chick! But, about 11mo. after the first time she was potty trained, she's now potty trained again. The key, LIP GLOSS!! Yes, that was her motivator. What a year it has been.
Yesterday while the youngers were sleeping, Jackson and I worked on some sight words (Thank you Pinterest for the "parking lot idea"). He gets easily frustrated because he's a perfectionist. Today, while working in his classroom, I tested him on his words. In all the times before, he has never been as at ease as he was today. I'm so excited because this really does work.
Right before lunch, the kids got to go up and read some of their work. I laugh when I look at this picture of Jackson because he is so comfortable. Check out his hand in his pocket.
Jackson, lately dad and I have been talking a lot about what you will do with your life. Your potential is through the roof and we pray you recognize it, value it, and use it for good. Your deduction will give you the answers to many questions of your life. Be wise.
Last night you came out of your room and told dad, "Mom had a bad idea. I can't sleep because she let me have hot chocolate and it was too much sugar". The night before you told me your schedule for the next day and said, "Yep, I have a pretty busy day. You need to write it all down so you don't forget!" Dad said, "So you won't have time to play?" but of course you retorted, "Well I'll have a little bit of time". And when we were working in the yard the other day, dad and I commented on how ripped you are. I asked you if you work out and you said, "Yeah, a little bit". My oh my you're so much fun.






6 comments:
Love your Christmas layout! And you don't give yourself enough credit...you are a wonderful mom!
oh the love of pinterest!!! Jackson looks like a natural teacher - just like his momma!!!
That parking lot ideas is AWESOME!!!!
good thing I checked your blog (since it doesn't update...) you are too fun!
I don't know why is stopped updating - I try everything and I just can't get it to work consistently. So weird.
Post a Comment