When I got word the Wise's were headed to Anaheim in February, I knew there was no way I would miss the chance to visit with them. But even more importantly, I knew there was no way I would miss my chance to meet Tatum! The last time we saw one another, Jena and I were pregnant and now, Tatum is one and Cole is almost there. Too long I tell ya!
So, I loaded up my fancy GPS and Andi and Ryan (because they wanted to go with me to "visit my friend") Friday morning. Once I figured out how to get there, thanks for nothing "fancy yellow paper", we were all ready for lunch. CPK seemed like our best option. The kids did well and we enjoyed visiting.
Luckily for me I have an amazing friend that took time out from her family to hang out with me. While they were all in Disneyland, Jena and I hung out at the pool. Andi and Ryan went swimming, white trash style until Ryan slipped and fell in soaking his underwear and shirt. Andi pointed out a Mexican in the pool and said, "There's an Ito. We have an ito, but it's a different one!" Love it. The day was winding down and I was nervous of the Friday night traffic. I could see Andi and Ryan becoming worn and I worried about them getting to the point where they wouldn't cooperate. So, about 5:00pm, worst time ever, we headed out. We sat, and sat and decided to meet up with OUR ITOs for some dinner. It took us an hour and twenty minutes from Anaheim, but man the food and company were worth the wait.
We went to Miguel's Jr. so we didn't have to deal with the Friday restaurant traffic - I had had about enough of the traffic. Andi was all over Ito, loving her time. On the way there, once we had decided to meet them, she kept talking about how much she loved them and how much she wanted to see them. She RAN to them once we arrived. 7pm we were on our way home and it worked out well now that the traffic had died down. It took me an hour and 5 minutes to get home from there and it was nice actually. There are things I miss about commuting - who would have thought.
But what I miss most of all is Jena. I am grateful for technology and every other tool we use to keep tabs on one another. There's nothing like hanging out with a friend and feeling like no time or distance has come between you.
And in case you're wondering, Tatum was adorable and I am so glad I met her!






No comments:
Post a Comment