I have not taught since 2010 and yet, I hesitated to write the letter. I hesitated to attach the letter. I hesitated to send the letter. The fact is, I want to teach. I love to teach. I love to work. I watch Glee and I yearn to be in the classroom yet again. BUT, I need to be home. Because I can not live two lives, I had to choose. It is rare these days, these days in California especially, that one can choose to stay home. And yet here I am, opting to do so. It's not easy. And in no way is it comfortable. We're hanging on barely but we are hanging on and so, with that said, I have resigned. After two years of leave, it was time. Hmm, maybe I should change my "email signature" before I hesitate yet again.
Dr. Dan Stepenosky
Deputy Superintendent
Las Virgenes Unified School District
February 27, 2012
Dr. Stepenosky,
Please accept my resignation as high school English teacher at Agoura High School. At this time I find it necessary to stay home with my children and therefore cannot teach full-time at Agoura High School.
I have truly valued the last seven years I have spent with Las Virgenes Unified and I hope to one day be able to return. My peers have taught me a great deal and I know I will take those lessons and apply them into my everyday life.
If I can ever be of any assistance, please let me know.
Sincerely,
Rachel Arrietta-Anderson
Cc: Larry Misel, Principal, Agoura High School
7 comments:
This made me cry. You are such a wonderful Teacher and a wonderful Mother. You will be blessed for your sacrifice. To these 4 beautiful children God has entrusted you with the blessings will far out way the sacrifice. I am so proud to be your Mother. Hugs
You are amazing!!
I am sure that was so hard! Someday you will be teaching again!
Love this quote. "What appears to be a sacrafice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you will ever make."- Hinkley
Think of how excited you'll be to return to the class room one day! You'll appreciate it so much more, I'm sure.
your kiddos need you more. you are doing the right thing. I want to follow suit soon! :)
I think you made a good choice... for now. And how funny, I just sent an email to my old work saying, Hi, if there is part-time work let me know! Why? Because, why not? More money, right? That and I didn't expect a response honestly.
SAD FACE
Post a Comment