Juana and Ito came for a visit Friday morning which meant, we had to do sushi for dinner that night. Andi and Ito thoroughly enjoyed the shrimp tempura; or maybe she just thoroughly enjoyed her time with Ito!?!?
Saturday morning, before the Preschool Open House, Nikki and Becky were awesome friends and came out bright and early to take some family pictures for us. This is just a sneak peak but I bet it keeps you wanting more!
It was a hot, busy day Saturday. Pics at 9am, followed immediately by the Preschool Open House. Breakfast should have followed but we couldn't get the kids to leave Grandma K's. From there we headed home to clean up and orgaize because at 3pm, we attended Jade's baptism and then Andrew and I were off to Vegas. Say what!
Yes, Andrew had some business to take care of in Nevada so we decided to make a mini vacay out of it. It as the weekend of Conference so I didn't have to be in Primary. We left at 4:45pm and three hours later, we were parking in the Cosmpolitan in hopes of enjoying the Aria Buffet.
Andrew enjoyed it much more than I did - I actually wish we went to the Cosmo. To be honest, I had to leave Andrew alone to finish his meal because I was so full, I was about to lose it just watching him eat. Aria was much more seafood based but it was still yummy and a good start to our trip. Actually, the second we got in the car was a good start - traveling without the kids was so easy, so quick, so relaxing.
Saturday night we roamed Vegas and just enjoyed being free. Sunday morning Andrew got up early and headed out to the store to buy some groceries for breakfast. In our haste to pack and get out Saturday, and because this wasn't a planned trip, we didn't think to pack up some food. We are out of practice I suppose. Breakfast was delicious and I caught Andrew cooking in the kitchen while I was still lounging in bed.
While Andrew was out Sunday morning taking care of business, I relaxed by and in the pool and finished my book. I could do this for hours on end before kids and so it was nice being given that chance again.
We had such a great time traveling together and enjoying some freedom. It always helps knowing the kids are more than happy hanging at grandma and grandpa's. Thanks!







4 comments:
Sounds heavenly! You are writing a book!?
What a fun get away for you two...Yeah for grandparents!
Oh man, nope, I'm not writing a book and it's a good thing I'm not because that was so poor sentence structure. I finished READING a book :) Good catch, Jamie.
What a nice little get away! Fun!
Post a Comment