Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Grade

Jackson slept in our bed last night and because of his nerves, I let him.  When he popped up in bed I told him to lie back down but as I checked my phone, I realized he woke up one minute before my alarm was set for 6:45am.  He said he wasn't real hungry this morning and he left most of his cereal in the bowl.  Rare!  We had to wake up Andi to take Jackson to school but Ryan on the other hand was up before us all and so very excited.  Ry is the chatter box of the group that is for sure.



It's so exciting to know Jackson will be with all his buddies from church and he's with the teacher everyone wants.
Love, love, love his smile here.
Mrs. Burkman
Getting settled in First Grade!
First Grade Interview: 
Who is your new teacher: Mrs. Burkman
What do you think of her: The best
Why: Cause she's really nice.  She never yells just sometimes has to tell people when they're doing something wrong.
Do you have friends in your class: yeah
What was your favorite part about today: playing with the blocks, the ones you stack and then pull out and it falls
Anything else you want to tell me about first grade:  You go to lunch a little longer.  The classroom is like being at school and I like making new friends.
Last year grandma took Jackson to In-N-Out after his first day of Kindergarten... looks like we're starting a new tradition!  And yes, he ate his entire cheeseburger, most of his chocolate shake and asked for another cheeseburger - no, I didn't let him get another.  And yes, his belly hurt when we got home.
Wes wanted to be apart of the celebrations - "35"
 

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Love it all! We've still got 1 more week to go so I better get myself ready. So glad he has buddies and the teacher you wanted.

Mandi Snider said...

So fun Rach! Love the whole post and you look great!