Annette and Richard contributed some dinero to my camera fund and the camera finally arrived. Jackson and Andi were my first models.
Our family had to say good-bye to a family that will go in that "fondest memories" file. The ones we hope to see again and the ones for which we will always care. Funny thing is Jenni remembers us a bit from high school but we didn't actually have the chance to develop a friendship until Jackson and Owen started preschool together. This women went out of her way for us so many times and I'll never forget it. We loved going on walks with all our crazy kids and dogs and I for one will truly miss that chats. Till we meet again.....
Mr. Cole has had a rough week and I'm not too sure why - he's a sleepy man but he's struggling with nap time. One morning I thought it would be an early nap and so I put him in before I took a shower - YEAH, that'd be a real early nap... when I got out a and peeked into his room, I found him pouting on the floor with all his blankets. Turns out, he pooped his pants and didn't want to tell me. Such a sad face.
Once showered, for the third time that morning, he still needed time to simply veg - no, not nap, just veg. We all need our downtime, right!!?!?
For years I have scoffed at those which claim early homework time is the best way to go. I struggled with the idea because I felt it unfair to make the kid come home from school and go directly to his homework. The fact that I did not buy it is shocking because I have always been a firm believer in work first, play last. Well, I bit the bullet and let me tell you, I'm a believer. Homework has gone so quickly and so smoothly and I am indeed grateful.
I believe I've posted of Cole's love for toast in the past; but the other morning it was again so funny I couldn't help but take a picture. Oh yeah, cereal too!
The mornings Cole goes down early and Andi is home from school are my real productive mornings. She's so self sufficient but then she's also good at telling me when she needs/wants "girl time". I get to spend quality time with her and accomplish my tasks around the house - win, win.
We don't even need to check the calendar to know it's time for Ryan's yearly evaluation. As the time approaches he becomes reluctant in wearing his glasses and the only explanation is that the prescription is no longer matching his needs. This past week I took him in and it's always such a nice outing with Ryan in tow. Granted, the boy will talk your ear off, but at least he's cooperative.
Turns out he is getting a stronger prescription which we will try out for six weeks. At that time, we will then evaluate the strength of his eye and the crossing of his eyes. If his eye still seems to be weak, we must then discuss bifocals or surgery. I would be much more for surgery if that would mean he wouldn't need glasses entirely, but that's not the case. Although, the doc discourages bifocals because they are awfully heavy and frustrating. Truly, that was the extent of our conversation as it was tabled for six weeks from now.....
Mandi is a close family friend of the Anderson's and in turn, my close friend. I adore this lady - I am in awe of her in so many ways. Luckily for me she stopped by for a visit during her brief time in Cali. This meant we got to meet Summer. I don't think she was a fan of mine but hey, we made up for it near the end of our visit; pretty sure I won her over :) So great to visit with Mandi AS ALWAYS!






No comments:
Post a Comment