Monday, May 13, 2013

BYU Women's Conference

Much like TOFW, BYU Women's Conference overwhelmed my emotions and thoughts which then resulted in "writer's block" if you will.  Or maybe I've just been to lazy to post??  Either way, I've been home for over a week and am just now taking the time to try to post about an amazing experience in the ten minutes of free time I have before heading out to a birthday party.  I know, I'm lame.

So here's the deal - it boils down to the fact that I haven't been to this in years; like before kids years.  I treasure these types of events and am grateful that I am now in a place where I can leave and refill if you will.  I am even more grateful to my parents for making this possible with my plane tickets, admission tickets, food, etc.  And hello, my husband for being 100% supportive and even encouraging.  When they dropped me off at LAX, Jackson didn't want to let me go.  After his fourth or fifth hug, I finally made my way into the airport excited for the adventure ahead but with part of my heart left behind.

I hate, hate flying and was even more nervous that it was such a windy Thursday.  But it seems as though that wind helped me out because it delayed my first flight which then gave me the chance to book an earlier flight that just so happened to be non-stop.  Woot woot.  Once in Utah, mom informed me we would make it for the concert that night.  Score again!
The next morning we enjoyed opening exercises up close and personal.  It helps hanging out with a couple of ladies that just don't care.  I'll take it!




 With TOFW I relayed the notes I took but with this conference, there's just too much.  And so much more of a feeling you get rather than notes.  If that makes sense.  But I will never forget the feeling of the room the moment President Eyring came into the Marriott Center.  He was running late and so we stalled by singing hymn after hymn but then, in the middle of a hymn, he walks in the truly there are no words to describe that feeling.  I texted Andrew about it and he reminisced about those feelings from his mission.  We promised we will make a point to take the kids to conference at the Conference Center in a few years.  They must feel this.

That Friday evening we were able to attend Jessica's symphony.... that is after we got lousy directions from a crack head.  But hey, we caught some of it and we got to eat ice cream with them afterwards.  It was so great seeing Jess in her element.


Saturday morning I got up bright and early so I could meet Robyn, Paige's mom, in Orem so I could then hitch a ride with her to SLC.  It was so wonderful to get that time with Robyn, Mika, and her aunt.  We laughed and cried and caught up.  I am grateful for those ladies.  
Paige wanted to do breakfast and that was the plan until we saw all that needed to be done for the baby shower.  After parking near the wrong elevator and having to load and transport all the stuff again, we decided to stay and help out a bit before grabbing some breakfast.

 Once much was done, Paige and I headed across the Creek to have some breakfast.  We split a sandwich while we laughed, cried and caught up :)  I miss this girl so much and would nothing more than to have her nearby.  Wes knew we'd be friends and he was so right.  She was over the moon that I would make the effort to go to the shower and here I was over the moon that I could see her and be there.  This visit was much too short but that's ok because I intend to have a longer one once this baby is here!
 What do you do when you don't know the sex of the baby...... I'd say they did pretty darn well!
 Love, love, love...
I so enjoyed just being in the area in which they live.  You talk on the phone and describe and what not but it's never the same as actually being there and experiencing it for yourself.  Again, thank you to my mom for making this possible!

The shower ended and we headed straight for the airport.  It was time for me to return and you know, I was actually OK with that.  I thought I would want more time to myself but I was ready which is always a nice feeling.  But man, it was a spectacular 48hrs!


1 comment:

Jess said...

Haha I love the picture with Cynthia and me! It was really good to see you and I'm glad you got a chance to have some girl time. Love you.