Grandpa grandpa planned and organized a mini vacay the week of Jackson's birthday. Yes, I said, grandpa grandpa did this - ALL ON HIS OWN! We were elated and Jackson kept saying we were going to Hawaii. I showed him pictures of the resort and his mind was made it, it was Hawaii!
Thursday morning we headed out first thing so we could enjoy as much of the day as possible considering we were checking out the following afternoon.
Once in the town of Indian Wells, we met up with grandpa for a much needed and much enjoyed lunch. This mall was so high end surely our children were the only ones around. Maybe even within a fifty mile radius. No complaints here.
One of the many reasons I love Jackson: exibit A
He packed the night before our trip and remembered to grab his bag of money. This baggy has accompanied us on the last few trips "just in case we need something". I truly feel it's important for the kids to understand our situation to some degree but I feel we won't know until twenty years from now if we let him in too much.
As soon as we arrived at the resort, we changed and headed down to the pool. At this point, Cole was still content sitting on the side on the pool which I love because it makes my life easier.
Andi can swim for hours.
Well, until she takes a break to go visit "grandpa's friends".
My husband apparently does not understand what it's like taking four kids to the pool all summer on your own - nope, he mustn' considering he convinced Cole to fall in love with jumping into the pool. Yeah, thanks a lot!
The jacuzzi was stifling to me and I couldn't even bare to get in there. I don't know how they all handled it.
During the week Jackson is very tired from school. So I think being that and being so hot, he was pooped out rather early. He relaxed on the lounge chairs while others continue to swim.
Eventually, Ryan, grandma and Andrew were done as well so they all headed to the room. Cole, Andi, grandpa and I stayed in the pool and enjoyed our virgin miami vice. Ooohh it was SO good. Just ask Cole!
That night we headed out to find somewhere for dinner and most were quite pleased with this diner type place we found. I'll tell ya, it was the best strawberry shake I've ever had. I just couldn't believe Cole fell asleep on the way there and then stayed asleep even as we entered and sat in the restaurant.
Once back at the resort, the kids and Andrew played some bocci ball before we went up to get ready for bed.
Breakfast was back at the diner and who would have guessed, dad actually got that boysenberry cobbler he's been asking for for years.
We were able to swim again before our noon check out and it was so enjoyable. Sometimes you just need to get away and we're grateful to grandma and grandpa for making that possible. I swear we wouldn't have half as much fun as we do these days if it weren't for them.















3 comments:
Love that photo of you and Andrew!
Back at ya. We wouldn't have as much fun either without our treasures....
What an awesome getaway!!!!
Post a Comment