The kids and I have been on our own for the past couple of months. It's not what it was supposed to be, but hey, life never is. During the journey of Arksey, Andrew missed too many classes and therefore has to start again in the Spring. The good news is the University Center is telling him he could still accept a job in the Fall on this particular path. That is exactly what I needed to hear.
Andrew does not want to retire from the flipping business - who would have thought. He sees this all as a learning experience and hopes to apply said lessons on future flips. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point. It's kind of like after you have a kid and you swear you'll never get pregnant again but then, psh, you do. Time will tell; time will tell.
The lessons I have learned during his absence is I think I'm a better single mom than I am a partnered one. With that said, it sure was lonely without him here. Go figure, such a woman I suppose, I can't make up my mind. Life was smooth and simple and orderly when it was just the five of us. Truly, it was an enjoyable time with my kids. But in looking back, now that the single mom fog has been lifted, I think I became more of an introvert. I put my head down and charged forward focused only on my duties. In a sense, you lose yourself and that in turn is rather lonely.
So as always, balance is key. Moderation in all things, I suppose. So yeah, I'll probably go ahead and let him do it again (haha, who am I kidding as though I have a choice), but I think I may take over some aspects the next time around.
PS. Thank you to all who were patient and kind during the process :)






3 comments:
Couldn't agree with you more! And Andrew did a FANTASTIC job turning that place around! Way to go!
Well said! And it really does look great!
love the before and afters!
Post a Comment