At the desert Jackson ate some fudge which contained walnuts. Oops! Who could blame him though for not wanting to turn down fudge!?!? Needless to say, that greatly affected his ability to breathe and required not one, but two Benadryl pills. Good times. The boy had a raspy voice the remainder of the evening. But, to make matters worse, Jackson is already sensitive to dirt and desert air because of his asthma.
Sunday night the poor kid could not sleep. The coughing was out of control despite having two breathing treatments. I did all I could with oils and what not, but as soon as Andrew returned home I asked him to give Jackson a blessing.
Tears poured out of Jackson's eyes during that blessing. Once Andrew finished, Jackson looked up at him and said, "I have no idea why I am crying!" Andrew took this opportunity to give Jackson another lesson on the Holy Ghost to which Jackson thoroughly absorbed. He slept all night!
Today I asked Jackson if he knew what faith is. He asked me why I asked him and I told him I think he has strong faith because he got better after his blessing. To which he replied, "Well, yeah, I believed I'd get better because of all the powerful worlds dad said. Faith is the best way to make things happen."
2025 by Month
1 year ago





4 comments:
Love this boy!
That's my stripling warrior. I Love my J. Typo on powerful worlds (words). :)
Darn those nut allergies! Thanks for the reminder! What an awesome kid.
Wow what a sweet boy! Thank goodness for the priesthood.
Post a Comment