One of our best summers yet! I attribute that to older kids, swimming kids, kid friends, mommy friends, tolerable weather, gas money and kind people.
I felt like the week before school began I kept saying, "This is our last time..." fill in the blanks. So, here are some "lasts" - until next year of course.
Zuma - technically our first time there but last beach trip before school. Such a beautiful day such a lousy drive home.
This little man can't keep the sand out of his face and fell asleep still complaining about sand in his eye.
The Wirthlin's - seriously so kind and so generous. Every week we looked forward to spending a few afternoon hours lounging in the pool. We even made the effort from time to time to grab lunch beforehand. Made Wednesdays quite enjoyable.
And then our days at the pool with the Pollards - SO FABULOUS. The kids could stay there for HOURS on end and our designated grandpa always made it that much better when the popsicles came out. Loved these moments.
Making a trip out to Corona didn't happen all Summer but I did accomplish it once and I'm so glad we did. We had a free day and enough gas in the tank to get us there - bam, decision made. We arrived and I was spoiled with lunch from Miguel Jr's. Then off to the pool. Ito wasn't planning on getting in the pool but next thing I know he's throwing the kids into the deep end. It really was so great and we felt so blessed that these great grandparents are so engaged and so fabulous.
Nikki and Laurel are early August birthdates and so we planned on taking them out for a special night. El Cholo Cafe was recommended so we thought we'd take a drive out to Pasadena to try it out. Eh. Can't say I loved it, can't say I hated it but I can say the service drove me nuts. Regardless, it was a great night trying something new with these ladies.
Michalle is also an August birthday and I'm grateful for the chance I got to celebrate with her. Hiking, totally Michalle style and I love it. She's so great and I am thankful for her friendship.
Kaelyn was baptized! This girl has the biggest heart and we were so thrilled to share this event with her. Afterwards we hit up the park for dinner and games and Andrew tackled the hoops with all the kids.
And this one... I just love dressing him every Sunday.
Our last FHE of the Summer - kickball and dinner in the park. Andrew grabbed Rattler's and then the dads took the kids to play a few games of kickball. It was divine.
Tuesday night we made our way over to Marazzito's Gourmet Pizza for dinner. Basically, like we do, we took over the entire restaurant.
I felt truly blessed this Summer and so grateful to my Heavenly Father for Tender Mercies, supportive family and loving friends!



























2 comments:
If this summer was fun, wait till next year…..Now we need to have some holiday fun!
Sounds like a fantastic summer. I agree with the older kids part - just not too old that they start ignoring you. :)
Post a Comment