I have been thinking about Michalle's shower since the moment, well close to the moment, she told me she was pregnant. Michalle is one of my favorite peeps and I just had to do all I could to express our excitement for them. The best part about it was I had so much help - so many love Michalle and wanted to help! Tina and Mindee were awesome with set-up and food (and yes food is one of the most important aspects of a good time!), Tanya and Karla were amazing for letting us use their home, my mom made a much needed Costco run on a day I worked and everyone that showed up or sent their love in one way or another..... Thanks to all!To begin, we had a clothesline relay... Oh man I can't imagine not having a dryer!
We also had the classic candy bar poo - people were pretty darn good at this game - but I think sniffing the diapers may be cheating :)
The most entertaining game was where I got to watch people fight over a chair - they all worked so hard in guessing what candy bar matched a pregnancy term, little did they know no prize was apart of this game - hehehe! HILARIOUS!
Last but not least - Michalle had to match Matt's answers. If she got one wrong, we got to beautify Michalle. I don't know why she washed it all off after her final photo :)
These girls are amazing and I am grateful for any chance we have to hang out. It's going to be so exciting watching Matt and Michalle experience one of the greatest blessings life has to offer. I think one of the things that will help Michalle is she is so in touch with reality. She realizes it's going to be tough and life changing and really, you need to accept that to love it! She has cracked me up all the times she has apologized for not being more sensitive when I was pregnant - as she put it, she had no clue what I was going through. So now Michalle has a request - that all her friends get pregnant again so she can empathize more and be there for you all. Love this girl! So, here begins the true countdown to October 15th!




3 comments:
You are so much better at saying things just the right way than I am! Nevertheless, I will be blogging eventually about my first baby shower!
So cute! Glad you guys had so much fun. I love the last picture of you four.
It was fun and so sad I had to leave before all the fun games! :) Can't wait till that baby is born. Love the picture of the four of you together. It's nice to have great friends.
Post a Comment