Sunday, October 03, 2010

Much Needed Time w/Jena!

UP NORTH
About six months ago I decided I would go visit Jena on her birthday.  She has been here so many times but I haven't been to her area since she got married back in 2003!  Yes, it has been way too long.  But when I booked the trip, I had no clue that she and I would be battling the side effects of pregnancy.  When the time came, I could barely get myself up and ready each day - there was no way I was going to go up there just to sit in misery in her house.

After rescheduling my trip, I couldn't believe it when the time finally came - AGAIN!  Originally I had planned to bring Andi but six months or so can really change your perspective on things.  Monday, there I was, flying solo - sort of; the little man inside joined me but he cooperated for the most part.

Jena and the boys were at the airport waiting for me.  They were a bit shy because I hadn't seen them for maybe a year (do you remember Jena?) but as for Jena and I, it was like we were back in college meeting up to go for one of our walks.

We had a low-key visit which is just what I needed because I didn't have much of a voice or much energy!  It was perfect!  The friendships that last years and distance really are priceless!  I am so grateful for Jena and for the friend she has been for almost nine years I think.  It all began one night after Institute at the Sorenson's - haha, remember that?  Love ya girl - here's to next time!

*And here's a shout out to Aaron for being a stud and encouraging us to go out and have some girl time.  Gotta love a good husband (and a fairly good photographer!).
BACK HOME
Monday morning we took J to school and then Andrew and the babies took me to the airport.  They got back in time to pick up Jackson from school but then the chaos began.  My in-laws got home from Utah that morning but by 2pm, they came to our house to watch the kids while Andrew took Ryan the doctor to get an x-ray of his adenoids.

The plan was that then that night, the kids would stay at the Anderson's so Andrew could tile my bathroom floor.  Well, he was swamped with work so he only got part of the floor finished.  Then, another twist was that he and one of his employees would make a day trip to Vegas Tuesday morning.  Apparently they found a tool they have needed and they couldn't pass up saving a couple thousand so off they went.  This then resulted in the kids staying at my in-laws again because Andrew didn't get back into town until about 8:30pm and he still had to work.

Wednesday Cosmo took J to school and then brought the babies back here.  He hung out and played with them while Andrew worked on the tile and on his bids for work.  It was so nice of him to stay here and help out Andrew until Andrew and the kids came to get me around 4:30pm.


OUR REUNION
It took forever for my bag to arrive so Andrew had to make many laps around the Burbank airport.  Once it did arrive, I stood on the curb just to see Andrew pass me up and go to the opposite end of the street.  This wouldn't have been a big deal if it hadn't been for the fact that I hadn't had a breathing treatment for HOURS!  The walk killed my lungs.  I couldn't talk the entire way home or that night or the next morning.  It was such a tough night because I felt like I was getting very little oxygen.

BUT, what I will never forget is that one our way home, all the kids were asleep.  But one of my out of control coughs woke up Ryan just enough for him to say, "Hi mom!" and then fall right back to sleep.... for FIFTEEN HOURS!  Yes, he transferred back to bed and stayed asleep ALL NIGHT!

Really, I so missed my family and it was wonderful to know we were all home again under one roof!

5 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

Sounds like a crazy time! Talking about not being able to talk makes me feel like someone is choking me so I can't imagine how it really feels! Get better soon!

Ashleigh said...

Yeah so fun! You girls look great. Maybe we will need to hire Andrew someday to do some work for us on our SLC house that we are renting out. :)

d said...

Ashleigh is right you guys look great and that looks like it was so much fun!!!

RachelAA said...

Ash and Dayna, don't we SO need a big group reunion!?!?

mlauricella said...

you are looking great and totally NOT pregnant! Glad the trip went well.