Wednesday, December 14, 2011

9mo. & 6d on 12/08

Weight: 20lbs - 55%
Length: 71cm - 31%
For such a solid man, your percentages seem average, if not a tad small.  Huh, didn't expect that.  You are not a thrill seeker, my friend.  When we laid you down to get your length, you immediately grabbed on to either side of the table.  The nurse laughed because you have done this before and she insisted I get a picture - so I did.  You had a death grip on that table.  When dad and I throw you back and forth, you're not too happy about it.  Maybe one day you'll warm up to the idea?

Your hair seems to be pretty dark and those eyes are still blue.  You grab onto my hair and jewelry any chance you get but thankfully you understand, "Let go" and "no".  But lately you don't listen the first time I tell you.  And you do seem sensitive because when I get upset about you not letting go, because it hurts, your heart breaks.

You still prefer water over juice, which is fine by me.  For two weeks you had a full serving of Greek Yogurt and fruit for breakfast.  But during the second week you seemed a bit off.  After two doctor's visits trying to figure out what was up, we decided that much yogurt was just too much for your little system.  For lunch you have baby food, as long as I give you some finger food that allows you some control over the situation.  And water of course.  After your afternoon nap, you have some milk but are so ready for food again at 5ish.  Only this time, baby food doesn't really cut it - it's all about whatever we are eating.  You have another sippy of milk before bed at 7pm.  Way to go kid because when you're a year old,  you shouldn't have any more than 20oz. of milk a day and that's exactly where you are now.  Easy transition.

You don't pull up too much and doc was shocked by this because of your strength.  The fact is, you're rarely down on the ground because it's tile and it's freezing.  And when you are down there, there's nothing to pull yourself up onto.  SO, we're working on giving you that time.  I stand you up against the bath while I get our shower ready - you're getting much more stable!

Cole, you've found your voice.  This past week you have started screaming when you run out of food.  Oh boy, we're going to have to work on taming that :)  But not too much because you love to sing.  Love it.  In the car you sing along, when the kids sing around the house, you sing, when you hear music, you sing.  The other night we went to see some lights.  When the band started playing, you started singing.  We love it!

You are such a good boy and so patient - your naps are interrupted and you're often thrown into the umbrella stroller for long periods of time or multiple times during the day.  Your belly lap is hilarious and you love teasing people.  Cole, you're everyone's favorite and your siblings all think they're your favorite!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Darling!

jena wise said...

so sweet! I am surprised that 20 pounds is 55%. It seems like 16-17 should be average, doesn't it?
He sounds like a dream baby. Tatum is NEVER on the ground either!!