This has nothing to do with New Years, but it was recent. I love the bond these two have.
We weren't able to figure out a sitter for the night so Becky thought it'd be nice to have a kid friendly dinner. For whatever reason, I couldn't finalize the plans - denial maybe? But when Friday rolled around and Tina gave me a reality check, I knew I needed to make a decision. It has taken me years but I am finally in a place where I'm recognizing my limits. All this to say that Saturday night, we had everyone come over at about 7pm for appetizers and desserts.
We really wanted to play some adult games without interference from the kids, so we thought to set up the tent in the back yard. But when that sun went down, it was chilly!! And with Jackson starting a bit of a cough, we decided to set up camp in the twins' bedroom.
I thought we were being pretty exciting with the tent but Michalle took it all to the next level. This girl amazes me always! Michalle decided to do a treasure hunt and in the chest were noise makers and hats and what not to bring in the New Year. So cute!
It has been a good year - of course, we have had our struggles but isn't that life!?!? My hope for this year is that I become a better mother, a better wife, a better leader, a better person. Here's to 2012!
*Side note: aren't the pavers pretty! I can't wait until they're done.
*PSS - Special shout out to Wes and Nikki for hanging out with us even though they had a kid free evening. Those are some true friends there :)








5 comments:
Haha! Our pleasure! It was fun and I love the picture of me and Wes with our new daughter! Obviously didn't get her hair from Wes.
Looks like blast! That michalle is so creative! The pavers look awesome! And I love that last pic of you and the kids!
LOVE the pavers! Now if only I can convince Jake to get our yard done...hmmmm! what is your secret?! lol
I wish I had the secret - this project is taking forever!!!!
Cute pics of the kids and couples! Looks like everyone had a great time.
Post a Comment