This is our third "asthmatic distress" season and I'm not happy about it. Back in September/October, we were handing out breathing treatments like candy. That was the point I decided to give DoTerra Essential Oils a shot. Well, the oil served us well, until now. Sort of. Cole got sick Sat. night and is doing well still. I mean he's congested and cranky, but no fevers or infections. Jackson started coughing a couple days ago but seems to just be asthmatic and nothing else. Andi started coughing today but seems to be standing strong. Ry though, poor Ry, that boy began Monday night and today had to be taken in. His oxygen level was at 96 which isn't awful, but it's the lowest I would ever care to see it outside of the hospital! When we left it was at 97, and so we have been hearing A LOT of coughing. Treatments are every three hours instead of 4-6 which sucks. And his cough, his abs are getting a major workout.
Today I had a coke; which included three refills. Yesterday I had a Caramello (thanks Becky!). Last week I was doing so well and I was noticing a difference. This week I am just trying to make it through the day. I had a conversation with a friend the other day about the roller coaster of owning it or working at it. This week, I'm owning it because I can't fathom tackling my weight along with a needy 10mo. old that can't nap because he can't breathe, a needy 3 yr/old because she's a girl and she sees everyone else getting the attention, a needy 3 almost 4 year old that can't breathe, and a 5 yr/old that needs to be taken to and from school and needs academic practice and stimulation. I'm tired. Last night I slept in Andi's bed because with Ry coughing in my bed, Andi whining in my bed, Jackson tossing and turning in my bed and Andrew sleeping in my bed, there was no way I was getting a bit of rest.
BUT.... I am grateful because today we weren't admitted to the hospital. Tonight we all sleep under one roof and I pray that it continues. When I am sitting up giving Ry breathing treatments through the night, I will try to remember to be grateful I am sitting up in my own bed and not in a hospital. Especially considering I found out his insurance isn't covering him right now - over a $17 error. How I screwed that up I don't know. Let's hope I can figure it out tomorrow!
OK, Ry's almost done with this treatment - off to bed!





1 comment:
Also a blessing that Ry does his treatments sooo well. He has the right disposition for all his alements.
Post a Comment