Monday, January 16, 2012

Thank Heaven, For Little Girls 3

1. What is your favorite color? pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Princess
3. What is your favorite fruit? apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Spongebob (I'm pretty sure it's only because she was watching it this morning for the first time)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? chicken
6. What is your favorite outfit? I can't say that (so, mom's answer, Princess dresses.  Or pretty dresses for church)
7. What is your favorite game? race car
8. What is your favorite snack? um, chicken
9. What is your favorite animal? monkey
10. What is your favorite song? bad words (I have no clue what this means)
11. What is your favorite book? Jesus Christ, Amen
12. Who is your best friend? my friends.  (Who are your friends)  Corinne, Taylor, Ryan, Jackson, daddy
13. What is your favorite cereal? cocolate (chocolate)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? fireworks (thanks Papa, he brought some this weekend)
15. What is your favorite drink? orange juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my "stuff": blanket, bear, and dummy
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal, French Toast
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  chicken on a stick (Mom Can Cook Thai Restaurant)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? French Toast, red (I don't think we get this question yet)


This is what I'm up against; this is why I could sweep every hour!  This is why after boot camp Friday, when Erin offered to take my kids so I could clean my house, I was all over that!
Especially because Thursday night I didn't get much done.  Jackson was "having a bad night" and devastated that his sister's birthday was the next morning and he did not personally get her a gift.  So, at 9pm, he rolled out of bed, put on some shoes and we took off to Target.  "Mom, there's so much I want here it's killing me!", me too Jackson, me too!  When we got home with our loot, we quickly wrapped and then "birthday uped" Andi's room.
Finally, Friday morning, Friday the 13th.  Grandma Shopping .got them all some chocolate muffins for breakfast.  Following the muffins, they asked me to make waffles.  Any other day I would have said "no".
The day began at Boot Camp where the kids shared balloons with all their friends.  This made everyone happy.  Then straight to the Pyne's to play.  Once I picked them up, we did a quick lunch then I made sure homegirl got a nap so she'd be pleasant that evening.  And nap she did; I had to wake her up to redeem her surprise from Grandma Shopping.
Mani/Pedi - this will have to be a yearly tradition for sure!  Andi, when we got there you gleamed.  You had puckered lips and I could see the smile you were suppressing.  Once in the chair that was way too large for you, you observed it all.  We asked if you wanted water and you said yes.  When you were done, you sat all the way back to get a massage.  Smart lady!  After "the guy" did your toes, you stuck out your hands for a  mani.  Again, so smart. And really, there was not a soul in that room that was going to say "no" to you.
We had so much fun with you and all I could think about were the years to come.  I am way excited.
For dinner you requested, "chicken on a stick".  YUM, Mom Can Cook Thai Food.  You love chicken sa-tay and Thai Iced Tea.  As customary, we only let you have one sip and you milked it for all it was worth.  You were so cuddly and happy that night.  I love that you sported your brand new purse from Great Aunt Jill and Great Uncle Ben with your freshly painted nails.  (You also found a way to score $5 from grandma shopping to keep in your purse).
Papa and Gramma Nette came into town to celebrate your birthday.  Once they arrived, you ran over to show them your nails.  Of course, you had to show both feet!
Once stuffed, we headed home to open your presents.  Jackson was the most excited about this part and you, you were a hoot to watch.  Seriously, it was awesome watching your expressions and strategies.  I mean, holding the gift bag with your legs/feet while you dug in.  And sharing your blue lip glosses with Ryan.  You loved the bag with the baby and the chef hat, "Haha he looks like Cole".  You "oohed" and "ahhhed" and it was adorable.
We have been trying this darn large cupcake for a year now and still, have not had great success.  You didn't mind, but you also didn't eat more than a couple licks of frosting.  Oh well.  You were still cute!
Pinata Time!  I really shouldn't have bought so much candy for a party that consisted of three children!  It was great that Markie came into town to surprise everyone and there he was, taking care of your pinata for you.  Fantastic memories.

A great time was had by all because you were a joy to watch.  Chick, you are out of control - and I mean that in the best and worst way :)  You have fight like no other but I know you'll need this.  I will not beat that out of you because it will save you.  Remember your value.  Remember what's important.  Remember you are one of a kind and you are so very important to us, your brothers, your family, your friends and most importantly, to God.  You have a purpose and I pray you follow it.  We love you, princess.
"Where are my boys?"
"I want lipstick"
"I want a snack"
"Where's my stuff?"
"I like you mommy"
"Can I go with you?"
"Daddy, I want to help you"
"Uh, uh, up!!!!"
"Where we's going?"
"No, no boys!"
"What the heck" with such expression
"Ryan, I don't want you to go to jail" (encouraging him to put on his seat belt)
"I will help you Ryan"
"I want to do it myself"
"You're a bad boy"
"I'm a good girl"
"Mama"
"I want to hold Cole"
"Cole wake up?"
"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19"
*For another month, we have a 5 year old, 3 year old, another 3 year old, and a 10.5 month old.  Fun!
Andi was so happy that her birthday weekend was shared with one of her BFF's, Corinne.  They are a day apart and Andi was elated to celebrate with her.  There's nothing like good friends no matter your age.  (And I have a feeling this won't be the last time Ryan tries to hang out with Andi and her girlfriends hehe)
What a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute little princess!!!! Happy Birthday!

Jenn said...

and i'm very jealous you have a little girl who likes to get her nails done!! Haven't tried with Sydney-- only i've painted her nails. Morgan will have nothing to do with it!

RachelAA said...

You should try with Sydney - it's only $3!

jena wise said...

Looks like she just ATE up the entire day/weekend!

Unknown said...

Love her expression! lol. She looks like she's trying SO hard not to be giddy.

Phillips Family said...

OH! Seriously LOVE how you decorated her room! You are so fun! I might have to steal that idea! She's gorgeous Rach...can't believe she is three already! And seriously thanks for bringing the balloons to bootcamp...it kept elijah occupied :) I didn't realize it was her birthday...wow sorry. Happy birthday cute girl!

Traci said...

Such a cute little girl. Make's me a little jealous, but just a little. Love the mani pedi princess party.

d said...

Happy Birthday Spunky Andi! You are so cute and are just the right amount of girl to balance out all those boys!!!