Jackson has been super excited about his program for weeks. Last night he had a freak out that he didn't have a "costume" and he didn't know the parts well enough. The fact was, I was not willing to put him in a boy elf costume. I mean really, have you seen those things? Suspenders and all? Yeah, he got a hat and a green shirt - good enough. But I must add in here just how proud I am of the five of us. I pondered from about 4:30am on as to how I was going to pull it off this morning and at 6am thought maybe I'd get up and shower earlier than my alarm. Well, I must have fallen asleep because when the alarm went off at 6:45am, not even Jackson was awake. SO RARE. I got up and jumped in the shower, Ry woke up and jumped in too. Then I got J up and in the shower and we all started getting ready. Yeah, I did fail in the sense that Cole and Andi did not get a shower this morning and my kids had instant breakfast for their "meal", but hey, we were all dressed and out the door on time at 7:30am. The kids and I dropped off Jackson and then found a parking spot before the show. At this time I did my make up and tied Ryan's shoes. 8am we went to get our spot in the cafeteria for the show. Whew!
While waiting in the cafeteria, the kids played with Mary Poppin's, I mean Francesca's, purse contents and I browsed the walls for Jackson's elf. Cute!
"If I would have an efs holiday helper, first I would have him put up decorashins. Next I would have him make randeer food. Last I would have him leave cookies and milk. By Jackson"
Burkman's was the last class in and I felt a sense of relief when they finally did!
Kindergarten and First Grade
I think Jackson needs chapstick
Joy to the World
Feliz Navidad
Snowballs... Jackson kept talking about a "surprise" in the show and so I knew I needed to pay attention to detail. At one point I saw the back row bend down and come right back up so I knew the surprise was coming. That's when I started recording....
After the show we headed back to Jackson's class and Cole went at it - that boy is into everything right now and it's driving me crazy. Jackson was so good to tend to him instead of his friends.
The kids were hanging out so I grabbed a picture....
And then more kids just kept coming and coming - it was so cute they were all so excited to just run up and get in a picture! I love how courageous children are.
Their class Christmas party, or actually I'm pretty sure it was titled, "Holiday Party", featured a book exchange. Instead of a book, Jackson received an "activity" and he just had to do it before we took our ornament picture.
The show and preschool lead to a veg out lunch session in front of the tube. Thank you Curtis and Tristan for the kids' Christmas gift!!


.jpeg)






2 comments:
Did you have to buy the elf hat? Very cute program!!!
Yep :(
Post a Comment