Last week we finally put up the lights - well, the kids and Andrew finally put up the lights. Yes, the kids, up on the roof; well aside from Cole who was safely tucked in his bed.
It has been a journey in the Solemint Ward to say the least. We had to leave behind a ward we loved so very much and enter a ward where we felt a bit out of place. Over the years I have seen how beautifully the Lord worked to align everything just as we needed. This past weekend was a big one: my last baptsim as president, my last Sacrament Program as president, my last day as Primary President. In many ways I have developed a love hate relationship with this calling. Sure, it requires much of the things I love doing, but it really is so very consuming. At a different time in my life, I think I could really enjoy this calling. I have learned a lot and grown a lot due to the circumstances in which I was forced to handle. I had anxiety for two weeks wanting everything to go just right. My nightmares were frequent and vivid and truly, I wish I didn't have two weeks to sit on this. But the baptism went well, the program went well and the last day in Primary went well. I felt blessed!
That Saturday night we had an invite to an Ugly Sweater Party, our Ward Christmas Party, and a family friend's wedding. The kids, especially Jackson, had been begging for a Christmas party and so it just didn't seem fair to make them drive to Simi for a wedding when they could go to the ward for a "Christmas Party". We all arrived and visited and Santa arrived. I love the looks on the kids' faces. I was able to see them all take a turn on Santa's lap, able to hear Ryan bellow into the mic that he wants a GUN all before my parents came to pick me up for the wedding.
Everyone did well on Santa's lap - I think we're out of the crying years; everyone is growing up!
These kids can push your buttons but they can also bring a smile. I am forever grateful for the chance I have gotten to know all of them. I am also grateful for all the people I worked with because they each taught me something valuable. Now, I'm off to Relief Society 2nd Counselor.
Speaking of my ward, last night I was able to attend my 2nd annual Patty Padovich "Women Only" extravaganza. At 5'2'', it really is weird being the "tall" one! The highlight of the night is a tie between chocolate fondue, talented singers, delicious food, cozy bathtubs, fabulous conversation and barefooted run to the car IN THE RAIN.











3 comments:
I LOVE Ryan's video, I love that kid!
Fun girl's night!
you are looking amazing in those hot pink pants, skinny legs, and sky high heels!
Post a Comment