J: Ry I can't wait until you go to my school. You're going to make so many friends.
R: Like what?
J: Maybe you'll even find a girl that likes you.
A: I like Ryan.
J: No, like a different kind of girl.
R You know Brandon, he likes a girl. At school. At preschool. But he didn't go today. He likes A*&%#^. She says bad words.
J: Like what, stinkey butt??
Kids. They really do crack ya up when you really listen to their little voices.
The other day there was this woman in Walmart rather early in the morning. I doubt it was where she planned on being that morning considering she looked rather thrown together and her kids were just as disheveled. Honestly, they fit in wandering Walmart with no shoes, messy hair and tacky clothing around 8:30am but she was on a mission. On a mission to get some answers. You see, she was late, yep, about six days late and her heart was pumping. Emotions all over the place wondering how in the world she and her husband would support five kids when struggling to take care of four. And then there was also the issue on not wanting five but would then prefer six if a fifth was a must. Where's the logic in that, no one knows... especially as she barreled through Walmart on this mission for answers.
Is it wrong to be relieved? Back in the day there was always a sense of disappointment with a negative test but in these days, the current days, no disappointment. Great relief in it's place. I mean don't get me wrong, the days shortly following peeing on a stick can be rather exciting. Telling the news, seeing the baby for the first time, thinking about their personality and name, all exciting things.... but to then to really deal with the reality of doing this all again.... I mean honestly, I'm not changing diapers for the first time in about 7 years.... no one needs me to pump or to buy formula, no one needs a crib.... ahhhh, yes, relief. Children are a blessing, indeed, and if it were positive, I would adjust. But for now, I'm quite content.
2025 by Month
1 year ago




3 comments:
I think my heart stopped when I saw that picture. Lol :)
lol Rachel, I bet you're going to be on that Walmart email one day hahaha Love ya girl! oxox
All I know is that a positive pregnancy test just makes me think how tired I am right now. You forget how much freaking work a newborn is! Do I enjoy it? Not so much, but I sure do cherish the newborn phase.
Post a Comment