Monday, November 20, 2006

Where Has The Time Gone?

Jackson grew over night - He wanted to awake as a whole new person on his SIX MONTH BIRTHDAY!! It really is unbelieveable how much he has changed - we are so proud!

Well the truth of the matter is, Cannon came over to celebrate with Jackson. Too bad Jackson was a tired pooper, Cannon was forced to entertain himself in memory of his buddy.

I on the other hand got some sad news today. Because my back has been tight for months, and for almost three weeks I haven't been able to laugh or talk a lot without coughing OR SING, I went to the doctor's today. I was put on steroids and can't feed Jackson fo ten days. Who would have thought that would have saddened me?!?!? I always expected to welcome the end of nursing - but I am not. I am sure I will get over this attachment soon and be glad it's over, but as for tonight, it's a gloomy one. So for Jackson's birthday gift - he got one last meal :)

5 comments:

Snow Crew said...

ohhh- I am sorry that decision was made for you. I hope that you feel better though. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise?
Cannon and I had a great time visiting. It is so different trying to have a conversation with kids, huh? I totally love that walker! Cannon fell asleep the moment he got back in the car.

jena wise said...

that's funny - I thought, "That's Cannon!" right away - I was proud of myself.
I kind of know how you feel about the end of nursing - mine sort of came when both boys went on strike and I was simply too tired to fight it after a week. it's a hard transition, but he'll need you in other ways now as he gets bigger and you'll have different bonding sessions.

jena wise said...

P.S. glad you didn't cancel that appt., you stinker!

RachelAA said...

D - I don't doubt he was asleep, I love it when they are that tired and they just sleep like angels. He was SO good for being that sleepy!!!

Jena - Way to go :) I was going to cancel, as you know, but what got me out the door was coughing up a storm. Then when Jackson finally woke up, I had to just throw him in the car, give him his bottle, and rush down there. I was only five minutes late though so that was good.

jena wise said...

dear Jackson,
what did you do on Thanksgiving? we miss you,
Hudson & Beckham