Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cruising Buddies


Now that they are facing the same direction, I get to see their fun interactions. It's so exciting watching them grow up together!

So exciting that they just couldn't handle it anymore - oh boy, Cheetos and a rolled up shirt, what a sight!

3 comments:

Julia Everts said...

Okay so everything i've read said that your kid has to meet the height, weight, and age requirement of 1 years old for a front facing carseat. True? Jake and I have argued alot about it cause i said she has to stay in her infant carseat till 1 year but he thinks its fine. What's your theory?

RachelAA said...

What we have gathered is that they must be 20 pounds and it is preferred that they are 20 pounds AND one year old. They year old thing is because of the development in their neck muscles in case you are in an accident. With Jackson he was so strong we felt totally fine putting him forward when he got his new seat about two weeks before his birthday. With Ryan, I would have preferred to wait the extra month, BUT we were in a bit of a sticky situation with Andi's arrival. SO to make up for this next month, we have Ryan's new seat completely reclined in hopes that that helps a bit. He meets the weight requirement though so at least there's that. I say wait if you can, but for some they get so tall and what have you that you may need to turn them around a few weeks early. But I would say ONLY if they meet the weight requirement.

Julia Everts said...

She meets the weight and height for forward facing but not the age. So i'm still torn.