Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rollercoaster

This morning started out VERY WELL! Ryan slept in until 8:40am, so I only had two kids this morning. The house was pretty clean because Andrew straightened up last night. I had the pleasure of going through all our great deals from the night before... Seriously, we spent all weekend looking for a great deal on shoes for Ryan. Last night, we run to Walmart on a whim, BAM, shoes for Ryan for ONE DOLLAR!
Andi and Jackson truly enjoyed their morning bath and really, there aren't too many things better than hearing the children laugh; like belly laugh!





But these joyous little moments came to a screeching hault when I heard Jackson screaming! Yes, this photo is not for the weak of stomach. Andi had pooped in the bath. But isn't that how it always goes... you think you have all the time in the world to make it to your appointment or what have you, and then a child poops. But this time, it didn't simply require a diaper. It required me getting the kids into the other shower as I scrubbed the bathtub and put all the toys in the dishwasher. Yum!
BUT THEN... just as I was finishing up, I hear Andi screaming like no other. Now, this girl screams, let me tell you. But this was different. I run in there and Jackson is kneeling on the floor of the shower trying to cuddle Andi. Apparently he had slammed her thumb in the heavy, metal shower door. She was hurt, he was sad. He felt SO bad! But with some hugs, kisses, and "I'm Sorry", we all moved on. I mean after all, I had a great night the night before, pedi (thanks mom) and book club, AND, we were off to the free movies! I was determined to make it a good day!
And it has been! The kids did SO well at the movies today. We began in the front, we had Ryan's glasses, we had more snacks and water - things were good! And I think Andi especially liked Ice Age because of all the animals!
The goodness didn't end there. We came home and the kids had fish sticks and then were off to bed. All three were asleep within ten minutes. Jackson just woke up but the other two are asleep. I guess this explains my blogging marathong huh :)
Good Day Indeed!

4 comments:

Mandi Snider said...

I love your blogging marathons! And Andi's thumb looks HUGE in that picture I don't know if it is the angle of if it was really that big but man poor girl!

RachelAA said...

It WAS that huge - kind of freaked me out!

Jenn said...

glad the day got better! yucky beginning! :)

jena wise said...

yay for good days! poor andi! so swollen!